Dyno Break-in?

Motonewb

Hey Everyone,
Been watching some vids on proper break-in procedure and didn't see anything on here about it so here we go. I just saw a video where they did a proper break-in in about 20 miles on a dyno. Think I will have someone do it in my area (Phoenix) if I can find someone. Any thoughts?

isaac_

I’ve broken in motors in on a dyno. No harm. I was advised to break in a motor using conventional oil because it helps seat the oil ring/skirts better. And then switch to synthetic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Go Az in Scottsdale does dyno break ins. I had it done on my S1000RR, but for the KTM I just did a normal break in.
Why not take the money and do a track day and break it in there instead?

OldVet

I have never tried a dyno break in and prefer twisty roads to break my bikes in. It might not be better but it is a lot more fun :)

Motonewb

Go Az in Scottsdale does dyno break ins. I had it done on my S1000RR, but for the KTM I just did a normal break in.
Why not take the money and do a track day and break it in there instead?
Thanks for the advice. I just decided to do a normal break-in didn't take long I was just in a hurry to stop riding my bike like a sissy. I already kinda feel like I need more power though.