ECU Flash

Michelle

Hi everyone

I have my bike booked in for a ECU flash tomorrow morning...... After last time the ktm dealer screwing my bike up , I am wary about any ktm dealer having it..
Its not the same dealer but it make me a bit nervous to even let them loose on it..
Do they have to take my bike apart to re-flash it ?? ,, or do they just hook up to the plug under the seat ??..

Its still on factory mapping ,, I hear with a re-flash its much better for fuel economy and stuff like that so that is why I decided to book it in....

Michelle

I did wonder as I know there is a port there to hook up a diag tool.... I was not sure if that is the one they used or if they take the bike apart though...

Thanks guys ,, I am off very shortly ,, have to be there at 8 and I need to unplug my fueling unit first when I get there.

Have a good day :D

Michelle

GUTTED they would not flash the ecu cos my bike still has a standard exhaust on it :( ,, they said if we flash it with a akra map it will put to much fuel in the exhaust and it may set a light..
I said well could you flash it with a standard map then and he said they do not have one..

Michelle

Sorry , I do not know as they never did it m8 ......... I am not going to bother now as I have a fueling unit fittted anyway and can not be bothered with the dealership anymore....
My bike is running pretty good , I was only getting it done to get a few more miles out the tank.... I have read with a Akra map you get more miles ,, I am getting 110 before my light comes on so its not to bad...

=maz=

Country flag
Sorry , I do not know as they never did it m8 ......... I am not going to bother now as I have a fueling unit fittted anyway and can not be bothered with the dealership anymore....
My bike is running pretty good , I was only getting it done to get a few more miles out the tank.... I have read with a Akra map you get more miles ,, I am getting 110 before my light comes on so its not to bad...
Will you be getting the bike tuned on a Dyno with a custom Map?
If so...don't bother with the dealership anymore(a good dealership is VERY rare), get the Custom map done and never look back. :)

Michelle

Hi maz :D

No I do not have a power command ,, mine is a rapid bike racing unit ,, its self adaptive which means its self learning on the fly... I am very impressed with it..
It comes pre-installed with a base map ( plug & play ) but when you ride its always looking for the best fuel mix for the bike...

Also I have down loaded the software and it is fantastic ,, I can adjust anything from the fuel mix , TPS to the engine braking... I have not adjusted the fuel mix though as there is no need with auto adaptive enabled..
You can also has a quick shift if you want and pit lane what ever that is.. The only thing I have done is calibrate the throttle , it does run pretty sweet...

=maz=

Country flag
No Need for a re-flash at the dealership then I would think.

Pit Lane would have something to do with a speed limiter I think...though I'm not familiar with the unit.

It's been interesting reading your troubles and progress. My wife and I race locally and we have had our fair share of saga with the bikes and getting them to where they are(and we still have a long way to go)...good luck. ;)

Michelle

Hi maz

Your wife races , that,s cool ,, brave lady :) ,, yeah there great little bikes and I would buy another one..... I think you just have to do a few little changes here and there to them as you know..
Also really there easy bikes to work on when you get to grips with them.....

Good luck with the racing :cool:

John390

I have the Rapidbike Evo, and while it WILL self adjust, and its excellent, you certainly can tune the fuel (and timing if you have the racing one).

I tuned mine before I rode it and it made it good right away, and then let it adjust for fine tuning. I had done the mods in my sig, nothing huge, but definitely enough to nee more fuelling in places.

Michelle, can you tell me what you need to do for the throttle calibration? I see that, and I clicked on it and it did nothing, but sit there and say "calibrating"

The manual is woefully inadequate when it comes to the software.