Engine mounting bolt torque spec

waveriders

Does anyone know what the torque spec is for the bolt that mounts the engine to the chassis bracket? There is a spec in the manual that says 36.9 lbf ft, for the engine mounting bracket, so I don't think that is it. I want the spec for the bolt that holds the engine on. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
gary

Fasteddy

Country flag
The service manual shows the 'engine bearer on frame' bolts as M10 - 34.7 lbf ft, these would be the top bolts on the front y shaped bracket to the frame, all the engine mounting bolts to front and back are shown as 36.9 lbf ft. / 50 Nm, and 50 Nm to ft. # is like 36.878 so does that make sense, are you using the service manual or owners ??

waveriders

I'm having to use the owners manual. I would love to get a service manual, but haven't been able to locate one. It makes sense. I just know that my other bike (R6) calls for the bolts to be much tighter. So that's why it didn't seem right to me.

Fasteddy

Country flag
Yes the R6 would be on a whole other scale ( I also have YZF600R & FZ600), I got my oem service manual from AOMC.com online, very useful when I did the valve adjustment...

waveriders

Thanks. I appreciate it. I'll take a look at their website, and order one. I've been using an owners manual I downloaded from the internet. The dealer didn't have one when I bought the bike, and he supposedly ordered me one, but I haven't seen it yet.

OldVet

Yes the R6 would be on a whole other scale ( I also have YZF600R & FZ600), I got my oem service manual from AOMC.com online, very useful when I did the valve adjustment...

I'm curious about that link as it takes me here?

Untitled.jpg

Fasteddy

Country flag
It wasn't supposed to be a link it was interpreted that way by the forum software because I errantly stuck .com on the end of there initials, google this; 'Appalachian Offroad Motorcycle Company' ...