Error code j_y1.3.2.

robenever

Anyone know what this code is ??my bike won't start and I feel like I might need to change the battery but I'm not sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fasteddy

Country flag
That is the firmware version of the combo insturment not a code, and it appears when the battery voltage drops low enough to reset the microprocessor in the unit usually while cranking with a low battery.

RC390 Fan

I get this sometimes, too. Like when the batt is low after sitting for a while. Does this reset your ECU or is it a bad thing?

Fasteddy

Country flag
No, the only 'bad' thing about it is it resets the clock. It is seperate from the ECU and effects just the combo insturment and usually happens at the point when the starter motor hits the compression stroke, thumper locks, and draws max current from the battery. 20 cents worth of componets in the design would keep it from happening....

robenever

So what could I do to fix it ? I'm taking it to my dealer to get it checked out but if it's something I can do I rather do that.

Fasteddy

Country flag
So what could I do to fix it ? I'm taking it to my dealer to get it checked out but if it's something I can do I rather do that.

That depends on how confident you are working with a diode, capacitor and soldering iron. Fuse F2 feeds the combo inst. / ECU via a white wire so my plan is to put a steering diode with a capacitor after the fuse in that line to isolate them from the voltage draw down while cranking.

I run the 4 cell lithium battery whuch meets the same specs as the OEM but is less tolerant of the compression lock.

Last edited:

cjwell

Supporting Vendor
Vendor
Country flag
Charged the battery completely. No go

Battery is bad then (only a surface charge) or a loose connection at ground etc. I would lean towards battery myself. The battery should be tested properly with a electronic load tester, preferably, not the old style "toaster" resistor style. If you have a meter check static voltage (key off), check key on V, then watch V at time of attempted cranking.