mr-fabricator

As above , afraid not . The stocker realy isnt that bad and most aftermarket pipe and cans actually zap power ..

Akra and arrow are the way forward , couple other reputable brands also , but to get any benefit from even these u need PCV and dyno time .

MrRossi

That's pretty much the conclusion I came up with. No point moving the centre of gravity to one side and spend a grand doing it! Stock it will be.

kings4thecup

yup...Im not planning on an exhaust...plus I don't like the way they sound they sound lame IMHO...prob just run a PCV with K&N air filter and plate

psych0hans

Country flag
I'm planning on staying stock as well, after all my suspension/brake mods, I won't have any money left on the budget for a exhaust/tuner.

Last edited:

guzz46

That's pretty much the conclusion I came up with. No point moving the centre of gravity to one side and spend a grand doing it! Stock it will be.

GPR make an exhaust that fits in the standard location, power is probably more or less the same as standard, but it weighs 2kg, compared to 5.2kg for the standard exhaust, and it costs roughly around $600 to $700.

Treachery

Country flag
I don't think the Akra sounds lame... It's a 373cc single fercryinoutloud. It's not going to sound like a Ducati.

psych0hans

Country flag
I don't think the Akra sounds lame... It's a 373cc single fercryinoutloud. It's not going to sound like a Ducati.
Well put, people think that by installing an aftermarket exhaust their single is going to sound like an I4, the exhaust can't change the base character of your engine. It can only slightly alter the volume and tone of what's already there.

MNNTHBX

Supporting Vendor
Country flag
In regard to sound only, good pipes sound fantastic, similar to a motard. We'll post MIVV sound clips shortly.