Front and Rear stand

Seth

Country flag
Could someone post part# of what they needed to get their RC off the ground? I assume I need a front and rear stand. Beyond that do I need to get an adapter kit to connect with the stand? Cycle gear or Ktm Powerparts?

rick

The PitBull stands are high quality and will last you a life time.

I got the TST 10mm swingarm spools/sliders #SW10T40 (~$19) and used my spooled rear stand. Up front a fork lift stand will do the job. If you need to pull the forks off then you'll want converter (it's slightly cheaper to buy 'em as a set) and the #17 pin technojoe mentioned. If you're in doubt give 'em a call or email - PIt Bull is pretty helpful

Woodcraft makes a good set of stands for a little less. DMP makes some cheaper stands that I was pleasantly surprised with. Be careful of stands that have any flex on them though (I'm looking at you LP!) - your bike can fall right off of them. There's good reasons not to go too cheap! :)

Last edited:

Seth

Country flag
I was watching a Black Friday ad and it said if you are using the stand for winter then you just need a rear stand. What do you think about that?

tecknojoe

Country flag
it depends on what you're trying to do. If you are looking to get both tires off the ground to prevent flat spots from not riding for long periods of time, you'll want both stands.

Seth

Country flag
I was just about to order the Pitbull stand until I saw an ad for Cycle Gear Trackside Front or Rear Paddock stands for $50 bucks each. I may have to go into CG and check them out.

Treachery

Country flag
I have no experience either with the Trackside (CycleGear) or Harbor Freight bits. Looking at the CG ones, I was unimpressed with the finish. I have both Pit Bull and T-Rex rear stands. There's a price difference, but a quality and precision difference as well. They're both good companies, and for the price difference between the two cheaper ones and T-Rex, no question I'd go with T-Rex.

HTH.

sturge

I got this stand for recent rear tire change...$49. They have a $39 model but when I checked them out this one is worth the extra price...better wheels and telescopic handle to make it easy to store and less bulky.
TRACKSIDE - Rear Paddock Stand - Rear Stands - Stands - Accessories - Cycle Gear
Also bought a set of 'Trackside Small Bobbin 10mm black aluminum spools for $21.

For less than $75 this worked great...I just can't see spending well over $150 for a Pit Bull. I'm sure they are great but I'm not working on a freakin' 600lb Hyabusa... this bike only weighs 340lbs!

Still looking into front stand.

Seth

Country flag
I am looking to store it for the winter and do oil changes etc. I am new to motorcycles so I want to avoid track until I am adept. Maybe in this case I will look thru the cycle gear stuff for the prettiest set.

RCRebel

Anyone know if the KTM branded fr headstock stand and rear wheel stand will work on the 390? They don't list that it will fit from what my dealer has listed. I have a credit with my dealer & they can only get the KTM stuff so pit bull ect is outta the question. Also they list part numbers for adapters ect? Will the bike need the rubber adapters for the rear stand it will ordering sliders be the same thing? Part numbers on front stand are 61029055200 rear is 61029055400 here is pics of stands a the list of optional adapters. Sorry guys I'm just new & lost on this stuff dealer couldn't give me a direct answer on what will fit & which parts I would need. If it doesn't fit they charge a 20% restock fee ouch lol thanks for any help guys
57b22339249f2259e61dd3312b193ef5.jpg
e578ca8812dc24fb2a711075cdb856b9.jpg
5b2f74f1809639cd80ffd5b9b1ef5f44.jpg

"Infinite Patience Produces Immediate Results."

Last edited:

sturge

No idea what the 'KTM factory approved' stand is but there's many who have done fine with <$50 each for front and rear stand. You can spend well over $150 if you choose to. Personlly, I would have no problem finding something to spend KTM credit on instead of an overpriced stand (better seat, levers, etc.). Bottom line...this bike is a toy compared to what many of the higher priced stands are designed to handle (only 340lbs!!). See post #13 for info on rear stand and spools that will be more than adequate for a total of <$75 (and you can to into a Cycle Gear store and look before you buy). As for front stand, I have not purchased one yet but I am going with a stand that lifts from headstock vs fork bottoms. Many choices out there...info on line that has the proper diameter of pin that fits into headstock. It's a personal choice...you buy what you feel is right for you.

ToraTora

Country flag
Yeah the Pit Bull stands are great. The DMP front stand is pretty nice too. Comes with a nice selection of pins. ;)

Last edited:

big_sur

Depends on how much you think you'll use them and how long you plan to be riding motorcycles, but personally I broke 3 cheap ones before I realized it's probably worth it to just pony up for the pitbull stuff that will last a lifetime. YMMV, but I've done the harbor freight specials, powerstands, and pitbull. Pitbull is the only one that's held up over time. The other ones loose wheels or get bent out of shape eventually. Caveat to that is I did get a KTM one for my Super Duke and it seems well made.

ToraTora

Country flag
Q is for...

I had a very similar experience. The crapy stands all seem to fail at the most inconvenient opportunity too. One thing I like about the Pit Bull rear is that it can do both spooled, and non-spooled bikes. Yeah at around $150 it's not a cheap stand, but they work great, and I've never had a single problem with it. It works on small bikes, big bikes. Easy to use. They also make a version of it where the handle is removable. Makes it easier to store, and transport.

I would have bought one of the Pit Bull front stands too, but Scuderia didn't have one in stock, but they did have a DMP S-Spec stand in stock. It too is make of better quality so I went for it--I did like the black powder coating more than the zinc although the zinc is probably better. I'm sure a front Pit Bull would have been just as nice. Another nice thing about the Pit Bull is you can order replacement parts for it, if you find you need them.

IMG_1793_zpsnsgxgisy.jpg

IMG_1802_zps9zuxoryr.jpg

ToraTora

Country flag
Video!

A rather nice Pit Bull video. ;)

[video=youtube;M18GNzIN99g]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M18GNzIN99g[/video]​