Fuel Mapping | Target AFR

big_sur

What's everybody tuning to for max power near redline/WFO? Anyone spent time with a dyno? I was planning on starting around 13.2 and going richer from there. Thoughts?

MNNTHBX

Supporting Vendor
Country flag
We're headed back to the dyno today actually, to test maps that are leaner than our base 13.1. It seems these mikes like to run on the lean side. I'll have a better idea shortly...

tecknojoe

Country flag
I've been talking to Brandon (currently racing in mra) this weekend. He said quick cycles tuned with his pcv, so he'll be able to do any other 390s pretty easily

DCMoney

Country flag
I ran this past weekend with great results, bike felt like a totally different bike with the PCV and autotune at 13.2 ARF dropped a little over 3.3 seconds off my best time with the bike stock. Now the bike has better tires and suspension but there was a noticeable power difference.

cjwell

Supporting Vendor
Vendor
Country flag
You're splitting hairs at 13-13.3 in terms of max power. It likes to be slightly richer thru the mid range though. MR12 makes most power hands down over any fuel.

Rexbo

Country flag
There isn't a whole lot to be found at top end power on these bikes with the stock lift/inlet restrictions (mine still has OEM air box and snorkel due to race rules). We pushed ignition timing forward in 2 deg increments which it seemed to like across the power band (up to 6 more degrees of ignition timing in a couple places) and pushed the A/F down to 12.5 which didn't lose any power but made it run a whole lot cooler. Below 8k rpm, the bike definitely likes the fuel and ignition timing... that's where we found the best gains, there's lots of torque to be found with more fuel from 4k-8k rpm, pushing fuel into the 13 A/F zone.

20160220 rc390 Dyno.jpg

NafizAliKhan

I ran this past weekend with great results, bike felt like a totally different bike with the PCV and autotune at 13.2 ARF dropped a little over 3.3 seconds off my best time with the bike stock. Now the bike has better tires and suspension but there was a noticeable power difference.

When you set the auto tune to 13.2 AFR do you set the whole map to tune for 13.2?

Im also interested in more top end power. My auto tune is currently set at 13.5 and I have Werkes exhaust, BCM street filter and my top speed went from 113 mph before autotune to 108 after installing autotune with 11k rev limiter. But the whole midrange improved a lot.