GPR Ghost Line Exhaust

rc_Guy

have any of you guys seen the GPR Ghost Line Exhaust system? looks pretty promising, for those wanting to keep the original look of the RC belly pan exhaust. not a fan of the huge GPR decal on the factory exhaust outlet though, but the cover plate looks good.

https://youtu.be/weUSBQ-cFk0

G.P.R. σσ Born to Run™ σσ Made in Italy

grande_356722818.jpg

grande_565414489.jpg

grande_77218504.jpg

guzz46

It basically looks like a modified Powercone for the Duke 390, which I've got on my RC, I'm not a big fan of the pea shooter end, but it will save you from cutting the bellypan.

IMG_20150324_171849.jpgIMG_20150324_171932.jpg

Also I believe the GPR logo is a sticker, you can choose not to use it if you want.

Last edited:

rc_Guy

i agree, that little pea shooter end is really weird and whacky looking :confused:, looks like its removable but might be too loud

guzz46

Here's an install video, it does look like its removable, but if it's anything like the Powercone it will be WAY too loud without it, the small removable baffle on the end of the Powercone does make quite a big difference, but even with the baffle in its still reasonably loud, not too loud, but I wouldn't want it any louder.

[video=youtube;weUSBQ-cFk0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=weUSBQ-cFk0[/video]

Formula390

Supporting Vendor
Vendor
Country flag
yeah... it needs to exit out of the stock location... then it would be perfect IMHO.

My exhaust will exist the stock location. I'm also planning on doing a ceramic coating which will keep heat off / out of the rear shock a LOT better. Dyno tests results will also be published with the release announcement, and I'm intending on releasing my exhaust to be concurrent with the Power Commander V release. Thus far all dyno testing has shown that any modifications to the intake or exuast, without any remapping, results in a very lean condition.

Dean

does anyone know what the sound is like of the Ghost line? a video would be nice so i could have a listen if anyone has one on their bike.

rc_Guy

does anyone know what the sound is like of the Ghost line? a video would be nice so i could have a listen if anyone has one on their bike.
Watch "KTM RC 390 2015 GPR EXHAUST SOUND SCARICO GPR RC 390 SUONO E CATALOGO" on YouTube
https://youtu.be/MFAv1gGmtm8

Ghost Exhaust starting at 1:14 of the above video. [emoji108]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

RCRebel

Is anyone on the forum running this exhuast? I'm debating on this setup as it is the closet one to OEM & I've read that it saves about 6lbs. I would like some feedback if anyone is running this setup. thanks!

Formula390

Supporting Vendor
Vendor
Country flag
Is anyone on the forum running this exhuast? I'm debating on this setup as it is the closet one to OEM & I've read that it saves about 6lbs. I would like some feedback if anyone is running this setup. thanks!

It will cost you about 3HP from the stock exhaust. You'll also NEED to at a minimum have your dealer flash your ECU with the Akrapovic mapping. You'd need a Power Commander (see cjwell) to fix the lean issues entirely, but the Akrapovic mapping will at least not have you DANGEROUSLY lean in the meanwhile. Basically, you'd spend a bunch of money, to go slower. Better option would be to get the Akrapovic map, the PCv, and do the airbox mod with the K&N filter. You'll pick up power across the whole range of the rev band, and have a MUCH better running bike over stock too. $0.02 based on actual dyno tests against the Power Cone, but it's pretty insignificantly different from the Ghost...

guzz46

I'm running the Powercone with no other modifications and I really like, I wouldn't go back to the stock exhaust again, with the DB killer in I don't notice any loss in power, I think it sacrifices a little midrange for a little more top end, but that's going by feel alone, the Powercone was more like a 7lbs weight savings, and it was noticeable, it made the bike more responsive to changes of direction while lent over, it also kind of sounds like a Moto3 bike, and it seems to have smoothed out the power delivery low down too, I can leave it in 5th gear at 50kmh and it pulls without protest, not only is the stock exhaust really heavy (5.2kg) but it makes the bike sound like a lawn mower, in my opinion.

Last edited:

ktme

I'm revisiting this thread, I just purchased the GPR Ghost Deep Tone for $308 shipped. If anyone is interest I will do a review in a month or so when i receive it from ITALY!

zaster

Country flag
I'm revisiting this thread, I just purchased the GPR Ghost Deep Tone for $308 shipped. If anyone is interest I will do a review in a month or so when i receive it from ITALY!

Please do. I'm on the fence for an exhaust upgrade once I get past the break-in period.

CDN Duke

Country flag

Also looking forward to feedback @ktme and whether you've added any other supporting mods, tuning module etc.

Last edited: