Long Time Lurker, New Owner

KneeDrachen

Good Afternoon All,

Been a long time lurker and finally bit the bullet and am picking up a 2018 RC390 next week. Used to track and race an EX500 (Ninja 500 for you youngters), and like riding smaller bikes on the track since it requires brains and not just a strong right wrist.

John390

hi, and welcome. I am also new here and new to a 2018 RC390 as well.

I really like the little bikes too. I bet once you get some miles on your RC, you will think your EX500 is heavy.

KneeDrachen

John, I bet! My daily rider is a Honda ST1300 so this will be less than half the weight! Have you had any teething trouble with your RC390 yet?

Chuditch

Welcome! most people are surprised by the torque and power of the little RC390, comment are often around how it's actually a little too much to handle for a 'beginner', to 'I can't believe it's a LAMS (Learner Approved Motorcycle Scheme), bike!.'

KneeDrachen

I'm looking forward to it, I've owned a slew of air/oil-cooled 900 Ducatis, BMW airheads, a few CBRs, SV650Ss, and haven't ridden anything smaller than a GS500. I'm excited, tradining in a 900cc Triumph Thruxton for it.

Chuditch

Probably have more than a little in common with the 900SS Ducati, in regard to handling. Not much like those other tanks though, lol.

KneeDrachen

well, I would imagine the RC with a steering stop mod would probably be pretty damn close to the 900SS/SPs and CRs that I had, damn near impossible for slow speed maneuvering in a parking lot. The R6 and F4i were fun as well, I'd like to get somewhere back to the F3, F4i and R6 experience. We'll see, hopefully I can pick up the bike on Tuesday.

Chuditch

Ok for slow speed in the parking lot as long as you utilise rear brake trailing...., it's tall and has a relatively short wheelbase.

Let us know how you go after you pick it up!

Formula390

Supporting Vendor
Vendor
Country flag
Good Afternoon All,

Been a long time lurker and finally bit the bullet and am picking up a 2018 RC390 next week. Used to track and race an EX500 (Ninja 500 for you youngters), and like riding smaller bikes on the track since it requires brains and not just a strong right wrist.

Welcome to the membership! :) Those EX500's were a hoot! I spent a good number of hours on the track dicing against those and FZR400's back when I raced my MC18 NSR250. Once you get the small bike bug on the track, it's hard to ride anything else. Plus, crashing a Gixxer 1000 at 186 and sliding into the tirewall gets a LOT harder to bounce back from once your old fat and grey. :) LOL I don't EVER want to break both collarbones at the same time, ever Ever EVER again!!! :D