New Filter Kit with open lid mod included !!!!

74d34h

very cool I have the MWR Race filter on my R1. We already have the K&N setup on the RC390 otherwise I would go this route.

D

Deleted member 452

I saw this filter, too, and wondered how much of it's surface would be blocked by the seat. I ride a Duke and it looks like it would touch my seat. What do you think about it on the RC?

CDN Duke

Country flag
I saw this filter, too, and wondered how much of it's surface would be blocked by the seat. I ride a Duke and it looks like it would touch my seat. What do you think about it on the RC?

It's concave, and dipped into the airbox Brett, similar to the DNA, just oiled foam element instead of cotton. I don't think it's any different from clearance perspective than any other open lid filter setup?

green_bread

Country flag
Or just modify the stock lid for free... haha. Thats what I did and its worked fine for me with my racing all last year.

kayabusa

Country flag
I'm just pointing what I found..... I don't know how much cost or if is better or worse than other options.... I like to share new products or solutions for 390

Treachery

Country flag
Better off with the low-cost 3D printed open box lid and the readily available K&N filter ATMO.

Gotta agree. That looks like minimum filtration. Might be okay if you're planning on racing the engine with rebuilds at a pretty short interval, but I'd either open airbox + K&N or just open box.