New guy questions

Valdo243

Hello all i recently bougth a new to me 2017 and already wanna add /mod things...

1. Is there any cages for our bikes??? Not gonna stunt anytime soon just want protection if it drops
2. Any body lower the rear with aftermarket lowering kit???
3. Also i noticed a capped plug on the left front top of bike next to handle looks like a light plug.is that maybe a charger adapter?? Looks factory.

Thanks in advance for answers

Tom

Hi Valdo,
I remember KTM offering a cage for the '17 power parts. The problem with these accessories, along with frame sliders, is the high potential to bend the frame at the mounting points on impact. All of the racing guys will attest to how good these bikes hold up to crashes without any of those accessories, so I would advise you to just visit Formula390 (they have a vendor's section) for aftermarket body work. You will make the bike lighter, while saving the expensive and heavy factory side cowlings for later.

Tom

Almost forgot,
If you plan on tracking the bike, don't lower the entire chassis. These bikes are able to comfortably lean a lot more than you realize, and you may end up gouging any engine covers you have added.

The first time I went riding with friends on a new to me mountain road, I wound up sanding down the cap nuts on my foot pegs without realizing. I thought I was riding conservatively, like I told them I would, but everyone said I was throwing sparks after we pulled over on the first pass. Turns out keeping up with CBR600's and R6's is pretty effortless on technical mountain streets, I could have easily started passing in the turns if I felt like it.

The fact is, these are the equivalent of BMX bikes with a motor on them. Trust your tires (yes even the crappy stock ones), use the rear brake if you get spooked in a turn, and you will always stay on 2 wheels.

Valdo243

hi valdo,
i remember ktm offering a cage for the '17 power parts. The problem with these accessories, along with frame sliders, is the high potential to bend the frame at the mounting points on impact. All of the racing guys will attest to how good these bikes hold up to crashes without any of those accessories, so i would advise you to just visit formula390 (they have a vendor's section) for aftermarket body work. You will make the bike lighter, while saving the expensive and heavy factory side cowlings for later.

thanks tom for the onfo... I will def look into aftermarket body work options