New parts! Shift kit

cjwell

Supporting Vendor
Vendor
Country flag
Guys,

I will have the Factory Pro shift kit available soon. I have the first one on the way back today to check fitment and spring tension. They will be available pretty quickly. It will be a kit with new spring, detent arm fitted with hybrid bearing and a clutch cover gasket. We are retro fitting the OEM arm with the new bearing, so I am supplying the stock arms to him for re-work. It is not cost effective to make new arm with OEM one being so cheap. I need a rough idea from you all who wants a kit so I can order arms and gaskets to get going. Arms and gasket are available from KTM. Please let me know if you are interested. Kit "should" be around $135. The stock detent spring is SUPER light with not much feeling. On track with boots has no feel. The new spring is bout 20-25% stiffer. More positive shifting and feedback from shifter. Kit fits RC and Duke Shift 390, spring and arm fit all 125, and 200 models. Will be on our site when ready!

Attachments

• spring.JPG
    spring.JPG
    225.9 KB · Views: 212
  • arm.jpg
    arm.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 277
Last edited:

micahpearlman

A definite maybe. Will see after first couple races.

Off subject any idea on a slipper clutch solution coming? KTM, STM, Yoyodyne? Feel free to start a new thread.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ryandalling

I'm interested, but would rather go slipper / quick shift type setups. I do agree, on track in full race gear, you can't always tell if it shifted, and that creates some bad moments.

cjwell

Supporting Vendor
Vendor
Country flag
The shift kit is used/needed regardless of a slipper clutch or quick shifter. Two separate entities.... ALL the 390's need the shift kit. I called Yoyo again today and am waiting on word of whether they are going to build a slipper for it. It DEFENITLY needs one, especially with the added compression I'm putting in this one. At worst the duke has the slipper/gripper Adler in it and could be put in the RC. Prices are reasonable on the KTM parts for it too, it's just not as forgiving as a Yoyo slipper. STM I'm sure won't make one, and KTM uses the Suter in the RC8RS, last I heard no plans. I misspoke on price to above, in a hurry and wrote MY cost, I apologize, price has been changed in original post.

cjwell

Supporting Vendor
Vendor
Country flag
It's $139.95 from FP and mine includes gasket... Spring is not available seperately, sorry. Not my call.

cjwell

Supporting Vendor
Vendor
Country flag
Have the only shift kit in existence back in hand today. Will be installing in a Duke 390, (OUCH I know it's the RC forum ;)) in a couple days. Will have install pics uploaded too. The rest of the for sale kits are in progress. The Duke is handy and ready for first service so it lends itself nicely! I expected them to be available in about 2-3 weeks. Cheers!

ASM

As the rider of said Duke...shifting feel has definitely improved. I can feel and hear it click into the next gear. With the stock setup, I have missed some upshifts before where I thought it upshifted but didn't...definitely worthwhile upgrade...

cjwell

Supporting Vendor
Vendor
Country flag
DSC_0011.jpgDSC_0018.jpgDSC_0024.jpg

First shift installed and tested for fitment. We will have them in stock for order next week!

Last edited:

DCMoney

Country flag
As much as I hoped not to have to buy one, after racing the 390 this past weekend it needs it for sure. Mine was just ordered as well.

ryandalling

I cant afford to miss a shit again and let you get past me, even for a few hundred feet!

And I already got tracking info! Way to be on top of it!

With how closely packed the lightweight racing is, missing a shift can take out a couple people. Wow, I have tracking info already too.