Oil leak from Valve Cover bolts

Mototoro

(2015 RC390) I’m so fed up with this bike right now!!
I don’t have money to continually dump into this thing to make it run or run correctly.

I had to helicoil one of the valve cover bolt holes recently and after two days of riding its leaking from the same bolt. I’m afraid to tighten it more than I already have because last time it stripped out the bolt hole (last owner not me). The valve cover doesn’t leak, just the one bolt.

Honestly is this even worth it when the head gasket is gonna blow up in a few more miles? I mean I’m not sure it’s gonna blow but it seems a problem no one’s gotten away from in the 2015, I have 7k on the bike so maybe I have one without the warped head - but I’m just expecting it to go. For no reason, at any time. Thanks to this forum lol Anyone escape that issue?

Anyone else have issues with the bolts leaking and not the valve cover gasket? I’ve worked on so many different bikes and never had one that needed this much attention or that I “fix” and still have issues with. Constantly. It’s less than 3 years old this is ridiculous - I don’t even race it.

Suggestions welcome - I don’t want to give in and throw thousands of dollars at a shop for labor when this seems like something so easy I shouldn’t have issues fixing myself - it shouldn’t even be an issue.

Seriously - is there anyone on there that hasn’t had issues with the 2015?! I’m seriousky considering getting it running and trading it for a 2017/18.
If those are even better. :(

This. Sucks.

john13

Country flag
No issues at all! Forums are the place where people go who have problems so you'll rarely find it's a bunch of happy campers. I'd go with what mattv said--possibly some new bolts(the standard bolts are shit) or some more loctite. Or both!

Also make sure your loctite is the special oil resistant one. Blue 243. Not the one they normally sell in home depot.