PCV on sale now!

cjwell

Supporting Vendor
Vendor
Country flag
Using a map switch wont do any good for you all wanting "eco" mode for street commuters. If you want to lean it back up in closed loop range the O2 emulator would have to be removed out of line. The closed loop range is quite large. Roughly speaking 0-60% tps, up to 7250 rpm. So anyone riding in that range is in closed loop. My maps there do noting virtually. That is the DJ O2 emulator richening it up about a full AFR point. A map switch is easily done with the pcv Just open or closed like Treachery said. I suspect the fuel economy will suffer with the O2 emulator and my map out of PCV, so will drivabilty etc.

CDN Duke

Country flag
Using a map switch wont do any good for you all wanting "eco" mode for street commuters. If you want to lean it back up in closed loop range the O2 emulator would have to be removed out of line. The closed loop range is quite large. Roughly speaking 0-60% tps, up to 7250 rpm. So anyone riding in that range is in closed loop. My maps there do noting virtually. That is the DJ O2 emulator richening it up about a full AFR point. A map switch is easily done with the pcv Just open or closed like Treachery said. I suspect the fuel economy will suffer with the O2 emulator and my map out of PCV, so will drivabilty etc.

Thanks Chad, that's good to know. I won't worry about an eco mode option and will instead focus on modulating with the throttle itself :)

I'll still plan to make a switch to allow for easy comparisons between different maps going forward.

isaac_

Thanks Chad, that's good to know. I won't worry about an eco mode option and will instead focus on modulating with the throttle itself :)

I'll still plan to make a switch to allow for easy comparisons between different maps going forward.

I know I have a map switch at home if you want it.

D

Deleted member 452

I would never run 87 octane in a motor with 12.8:1 compression ratio. Especially when running an optimized tune on a PCV. Look at the timing cells and you'll see a 2- 4 degree advance from most good tuners and DynoJet's downloadable maps.

Are you racing? Is it a built KTM? If the answer is no to both of these questions, you're fine staying at 91. Hell... if it's just a street bike I'd run 87. Gas is expensive. There's no advantage to going higher octane fuel if a bike isn't built. I'd argue you can maybe do more harm than good. (granted a 94 v 91 isn't a huge difference).[/QUOTE

CJ do you have a PCV for a bike that has the stock pipes (we dont want to change the original) and just the airbox cover and K&N filter mods done?

If you do is there any real gains in midrange or is it mainly for the running lean correction?

Apologies if this is an old question but the search button just does not work as it should :(

cjwell

Supporting Vendor
Vendor
Country flag
CJ do you have a PCV for a bike that has the stock pipes (we dont want to change the original) and just the airbox cover and K&N filter mods done?

If you do is there any real gains in midrange or is it mainly for the running lean correction?

Apologies if this is an old question but the search button just does not work as it should :(

I do! That was one of the first maps created. Best bang for buck mods. Open lid and K&N filter with pcv with stock exhaust. Makes HUGE gains in mid-range and some peak power too. I believe those results dyno wise are under my thread "pcv testing".

D

Deleted member 452

Huge difference and buttery smooth power delivery!

I do! That was one of the first maps created. Best bang for buck mods. Open lid and K&N filter with pcv with stock exhaust. Makes HUGE gains in mid-range and some peak power too. I believe those results dyno wise are under my thread "pcv testing".

Thank you for your reply CJ.

How do I go about ordering that PCV with the map for our bike already installed as I would love to buy one.

We are in Australia so I hope you ship to us peeps out in the sticks :)

CDN Duke

Country flag

Huge difference and buttery smooth power delivery!

Agreed. Have been running this map from Chad with great results. Well worth it!

cjwell

Supporting Vendor
Vendor
Country flag
Thank you for your reply CJ.

How do I go about ordering that PCV with the map for our bike already installed as I would love to buy one.

We are in Australia so I hope you ship to us peeps out in the sticks :)

Of course we ship globally. I have several customers there with 390's. I responded to your PM.