Race Build

Muckabucka

Country flag
There's probably a gallon of fuel in the tank. I did not have the rear caliper attached, but that will only weigh about a pound.2016-04-14 23.48.02.jpg2016-04-15 02.21.44.jpg

fed007

Rear Tire Size.

Hi What size rear tire are you running. I am setting up a new wheel and need to buy some rubber. The rear tire looks like we can get 10mm extra on each side from me measuring on the calipers (measurement device - not brakes :)).

Thx

Fed007.

reenmachine

Country flag
Hi What size rear tire are you running. I am setting up a new wheel and need to buy some rubber. The rear tire looks like we can get 10mm extra on each side from me measuring on the calipers (measurement device - not brakes :)).

Thx

Fed007.

There are a few different threads on this, but many are actually going smaller rather than bigger. A 140 rear is popular and supposedly yields a better shape for our rim width, with the added benefit of lighter weight.

Muckabucka

Country flag
finally got around to getting the last of the bodywork done. Now I just need some stickers... and maybe paint the bellypan blue. 2016-07-19 21.03.25.jpg

Alright, it' super cold out, and since I spend most of the day in my garage, I figure there's nothing wrong with working on the KTM in the basement since that's where all the parts are. My stands are in my storage facility, so I'm working on the ground for now. Installed tapered steering bearings and forks, clip-ons and swingarm.

Build is look great - Could you please help me regarding the tapered steering bearings - Is there a kit that you can purchase for the 390? and do the tapered housing slip straight into the frame or is it not that easy? thanks