Raising idle

isaac_

Does anyone know how to raise the idle vis a vis the ECU without having to go to a KTM dealership?

The screw at the throttle body doesn't do anything. Or not meaningfully.

cjwell

Supporting Vendor
Vendor
Country flag
You can't, it's controlled by the IAC via ecu, KTM diag tool won't adjust it either. Target rpm is set in ecu. Now you can cheat it by opening up the throttle stop screw past where the iac can't shut off any more air and it will raise the idle then to about 2200 rpm but it can cause other issues I wouldn't suggest it. You didn't increase throttle plate angle enough for iac to run out of range is why you didn't see the rpm increase.

isaac_

You can't, it's controlled by the IAC via ecu, KTM diag tool won't adjust it either. Target rpm is set in ecu. Now you can cheat it by opening up the throttle stop screw past where the iac can't shut off any more air and it will raise the idle then to about 2200 rpm but it can cause other issues I wouldn't suggest it. You didn't increase throttle plate angle enough for iac to run out of range is why you didn't see the rpm increase.

Fudge. Ok, guess I'll stop in to my local ktm dealership. They're good guys just didn't want to deal with it.

D

Deleted member 452

Maybe I'm remembering incorrectly but doesn't the AKRA flash bump the idle by 100 or 200 RPMs?

isaac_

I guess this is confirming what you said. I spoke with my local dealer and also said they wouldn't be able to do it with their tool. [emoji24]

isaac_

So... in the words my local KTM mechanic... "you dumb fuck" (referring to me, all in jest)... when I took my bike apart this winter to build it, I did not plug the IAC sensor back into the throttle body. So, this is what was causing my issues stalling the bike at idle. Today.. for the first time, I heard my bike idle for 15 minutes. It was music to my ears.