RC390 California Updates?

rc_Guy

Does anyone have any new updates on when the RC390 will be released in CA? Last I heard/read they were stuck at the EPA getting certed... That was at the beginning of the month. Just curious to see what other people in CA have heard. Thx

Matt

Same thing- Long Beach dealer said "They're here in CA but stuck in CARBs because CA has the most strict emissions regulations." I called around to get best estimated arrival dates from different dealers (because I'm sure this is not something unusual) and one guy said EOM April, another guy said EOM May.

Tokyolow81

IMG_0291_zpsoeiwg98f.jpg
Matt, Don't hate on me. Anyways, I am in Colorado Springs on business this week and dropped by the local KTM shop. They have one RC390 in stock. I wanted to actually see it in person and sit on it, so I did. My first impressions: Fit is perfect; this will be fun on the track. Controls feel cheap and a bit hokey (loose throttle grip, and brake and clutch lever have a lot of play and feel loose). I'm sure most of these issues can be adjusted and improved.
I wish I could've just bought this one to take back to CA with me. Anyways, I'm still excited for when they come to Cali; I'll be next in line.
Just for shits and giggles, take a look at the price they're charging for this: $6,349 + $50. I'm sure that doesn't include DMV, Title, and Tax. Talk about price gouging.

Matt

@T81
Whoa scared me there for a second, thought you were going to boast about how you came across one here in CA. Haha... well glad to hear your feedback :D

This waiting game sucks now knowing every other state is getting em. If anyone can come up with an official estimated arrival date please let us know!

TZMike

Was at Motor Cafe in Sunnyvale CA last Saturday and they had a 390 Duke on the showroom floor. Why would that bike be available and not the RC? Gotta be the same engine, fuel system, etc...

duke.jpg

Tokyolow81

Forgot to mention, I'm 5'6", 180lbs and the bike's fit and feel reminded me of my first bike, a '99 R6. I expected it to feel like a Ninja 250, which are really small and cramped (one thing I was worried about), but it really felt like a larger sport bike . Again, I think this bike is gonna be great on the track. I am a bit disappointed about the front turn signals not being integrated. No probs though; I'm sure there are some decent aftermarket options (Rizoma comes to mind) out there. Overall, still excited for this thing to be released.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Tokyolow81

TZMike, that is interesting. Thanks for sharing. Hmmm, maybe one of us should call around and ask and report the findings.

Tokyolow81

Just called Sunnyvale. That Duke390 is a production model that isn't for sale, only display. Still no word on the arrival of the RC. Salesman said to check back in a week or two.

rc_Guy

Just heard from my local dealer (so cal), they said that the RCs just got released (I'm assuming from CARB) and should arrive within the next two weeks. So that kinda matches up to the end of April weve heard. It be extra shitty if it ends up being end of May like others have mention as well though

micahpearlman

Just called my dealer in NorCal and they expect the bikes to be in there warehouse in approximately 7 days and available for me to pick up a couple of days after that.

Matt

KTM Dealer in Costa Mesa contacted me Monday saying that they were approved from CARBS Thursday the 16th. Now it just depends on how far your dealer is from CARBS for delivery and keep in mind they need a few days to assemble/ document. Good luck to my fellow Californians and keep us posted with what you get, when you get it, price details, etc. :D

Tokyolow81

I'm excited for you guys. I couldn't wait for this thing to come out, but after checking it out in Colorado and thinking hard about it, the excitement waned and I changed my mind. I am instead pursuing a Ducati 848 with all the goodies.
I know the RC would be a fun bike; however, I currently regularly track a DRZ 400SM and know the limitations of that level of power, which is why I'm going a different direction.
I will definitely be envious if I ever see any you RC390 riders at the track because I still want to ride one--perhaps later in life.
All, enjoy your bikes when you get them. I know how impatiently you've been waiting.

SarahC805

Anyone in California taken delivery yet? My dealer called me and told me they got released from CARB but still no delivery on the Central Coast ;'(

Matt

Anyone in California taken delivery yet? My dealer called me and told me they got released from CARB but still no delivery on the Central Coast ;'(

Apparently they have one at Del Amo Motorsports in Redondo-the dealer had called me Saturday the 25th asking if I wanted to come down to hop a leg over.

TZMike

was just at my dealers and asked that same question an hour ago. they confirmed that the bike is released thru CARB, but they still don't know when the street bikes will be delivered.

The Cup bikes are out though...

Attachments

• Cups.jpg
    Cups.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 426