RC390 California Updates?

reenmachine

Country flag
Here's a California update: I'm in CA and I finally got my bike yesterday. The dealer got one, I was in the right place at the right time, and I popped it as it came out of the crate. The guy who had the deposit on it bailed, and there was another guy there right behind me to take it if I didn't. Already put 100 miles on it, did the MNNTHBX tail tidy, ditched the rear pegs, relflectors, etc., and put spools on. I'll put another 150 miles or so on it today.

Oh, and the brakes are......fine. They stop fine. Not amazing, but good enough for now, and I don't feel unsafe or anything. I bedded the pads and did some "panic" stops on an empty road and I have confidence in them for the street. What they don't have is the buttery feel and modulation of the 2 x 320mm 4-piston Brembos on my 1190 Adventure, but I didn't expect them to on a bike 1/3 the price.

Last edited:

Treachery

Country flag
Still OT, but reen- you need to post up side-by-side pix of the 390 and the 1190. Too fn cool, that'd be.

reenmachine

Country flag
Still OT, but reen- you need to post up side-by-side pix of the 390 and the 1190. Too fn cool, that'd be.

I'll do that when I get a chance! For now, here's each in its natural habitat :cool:

uWd4N1el.jpg

9OlrDjrl.jpg