Rear Master Brake leaking fluid.

kayabusa

Country flag
My RC Cup came inside of his wooden box with some brake fluid spots on the bottom of the case..... nothing mayor... after a few trackdays one morning the rear master cylinder started leaking.... So I got a used master cylinder on ebay and now is doing the same.... Anyone else had that problem before ? Is the rear master serviceable ? Thanks guys.

cjwell

Supporting Vendor
Vendor
Country flag
Sure the master is leaking? I had several arrive the same way. The reservoir hose they used when converting them to cup bikes was not brake fluid safe (looked/felt lie vacuum line to me). They were sweating brake fluid through the hose and running down to master. I had to replace them with proper Tygon tubing. Just what I have seen. I have not had a master leak or fail yet.

kayabusa

Country flag
Chad the leak is coming from inside the little rubber boot... not from anywhere else..... filling up slowly then start to drip... The master is so cheap that I don't mind to replace it .... But would be a great idea to do an upgrade to something better, with a reservoir incorporated.... any suggestions ?

cjwell

Supporting Vendor
Vendor
Country flag
Chad the leak is coming from inside the little rubber boot... not from anywhere else..... filling up slowly then start to drip... The master is so cheap that I don't mind to replace it .... But would be a great idea to do an upgrade to something better, with a reservoir incorporated.... any suggestions ?

Interesting. I have not seen that but will do some digging.. Have you disassembled them? Any sign of wear or scoring in the bore of leakers?