Too many Kilometres?

Speed addict

Hey guys, just after some opionions.
how many kms is the limit on these bikes? I have got 6500kms on mine so far and am curious how long you think these bikes will last?
Thanks

simpletty

Country flag
not long

Hey guys, just after some opionions.
how many kms is the limit on these bikes? I have got 6500kms on mine so far and am curious how long you think these bikes will last?
Thanks
As long as you keep throwing money at it to fix it it will last. As far as my opinion as to how long before it will break, its a crap shoot. Mines been down on a monthly basis since I owned it, with this being the longest time at the dealer thus far, almost 7 weeks. :I have 671km on it
'

Metals 907

NormAly pistons don't bend, they melt . Connecting rods bend, and break. With proper maintenance, you will get years of enjoyment out of your bike. Wear items likeair filters, tires ,chains , sprockets, and brakes will have to be replaced periodically.

Some people got lemons, and will be happy to climb onto their soap box and tell anyone who who will listen about how big a piece of shit the bike is, and how ktm is an evil money grabbing corporation putting out an inferior India built product line. Little do they know, taiwan, india, china, and many of the asian countries have been manufacturing components for the major players in motor sports for decades.

Nothing with wheels lasts long without proper care.

zaster

Country flag
It is hard to say how long any bike/vehicle will last.
I had bikes that had lots and some with no issues at all.
All you can do is take good care of it and pay attention to your bike's feedback.

D

Deleted member 452

NormAly pistons don't bend, they melt . Connecting rods bend, and break. With proper maintenance, you will get years of enjoyment out of your bike. Wear items likeair filters, tires ,chains , sprockets, and brakes will have to be replaced periodically.

Some people got lemons, and will be happy to climb onto their soap box and tell anyone who who will listen about how big a piece of shit the bike is, and how ktm is an evil money grabbing corporation putting out an inferior India built product line. Little do they know, taiwan, india, china, and many of the asian countries have been manufacturing components for the major players in motor sports for decades.

Nothing with wheels lasts long without proper care.

I don't have a soap box but I can say that I'm fanatical about maintenance, followed the manual's breakin procedure, and changed oil at 50 miles, 500 miles, 1,000 miles, and 5,000 miles and this is what happened to me...

Head gasket @ 4.3K miles
Water pump @ 4.7K miles
Clutch @ 5.1K miles
Low oil pressure light @ 6.4K miles

rick

Little do they know, taiwan, india, china, and many of the asian countries have been manufacturing components for the major players in motor sports for decades.
Yeah, I don't think the capability to manufacture parts or motorcycles by those countries is something I've seen called out on this forum. Just that there seems to have been higher than average quality control issues with this particular model. I had the cam delaminate at 2,500 miles and the head gasket go at 6,400 which is already more warranty repairs than all the other bikes I've ever owned combined.

Still, I'm hoping to get 100,000 miles out of this bike just like I've hoped for every other bike I've owned. I can't think of many that I've sold before 50,000 miles FWIW.

Last edited:

stevieboy

Country flag
Yeah, I don't think the capability to manufacture parts our motorcycles by those countries is something I've seen called out on this forum. Just that there seems to have been higher than average quality control issues with this particular model. I had the cam delaminate at 2,500 miles and the head gasket go at 6,400 which is already more warranty repairs than all the other bikes I've ever owned combined.

Still, I'm hoping to get 100,000 miles out of this bike just like I've hoped for every other bike I've owned. I can't think of many that I've sold before 50,000 miles FWIW.

Here, here!

Speed addict

I have owned bikes in the past, and have raced a lot of motor cross, I understand bikes don't get me wrong.
was just curious what these little engines are capable of

I have had mine since January 2015 - had a few problems initially with idle / stalling etc - but with proper fuel management installed all good now - I have now clocked 15,000 Km
I do feel for all the people that have had some major issues but vent to your dealer not on because at the end of the day this big is friggen - awesome - I do OCD maintenance - question is would I want to part with this bike - No way it is one of the most bikes I have owned (that's allot of bike I might add) as for "too many kilometres"
who knows - i'm sure it is capable of a long life - just richin it up with a fuel controller its way too lean from factory - Just my opinion