WBC2 on its own, or similar to replace narrow band Lambda sensor?

Maddog Reynolds

I'd appreciate your comments, please. My 2015 RC is a road bike, standard intake/exhaust so far. In general I would like an A/F gauge to keep an eye out for changes and to avoid risk of lean detonation/excess fuel washing oil off the bore, especially after fitting a custom airbox I am working on.

But one poblem I want to solve immediately is drastic over-fuelling on a gentle take-off within first 2 miles of starting. Also stutters badly or stalls starting to accelerate gently out of turns in a built-up area in 2nd gear for the same reason-small throttle opening when cold.

My question is "will the WBC2 with its WB sensor work alone (without PC5) to simulate a narrow band sensor, putting the ECU into closed loop control after about 20 seconds of sensor warm-up? And would the ECU be likely to accept Lambda readings so early with cold engine coolant readings? Lastly, if yes, does the WBC2 have a range of A/F settings that vary with an input (say coolant temp) or would I have to pick one ratio for all conditions?"

I would like to experiment, but I'm not rich and can't afford to buy 1 or two expensive units if they don't solve my immediate problem.

Thanks for any suggestions.

D

Deleted member 452

Interesting idea... One thing that you would give up is timing advance with the PCV which is used by most top tuners (and DynoJet) on these bikes.