Wa2fst

Country flag
Nothing like the Rain Gods holding HR up! looks like they could have quite a pipe being sold all over a fly by clip. I will give it to you guys you are really in tune with the customer on going the extra step to help move a product. Most companies wouldnt go this far good stuff!

OldVet

I contacted Competition Werkes with the following question...

Can you give me any information on the difference in decibels between the stock exhaust and your exhaust? Also any information on performance vs. the stock can would be appreciated.

and this is Shawn's reply.

Still waiting on the test results. For now it's all speculative. Here's what I can say.

1) I believe HP gains will be minimal as there are not huge gains to be made on such a small displacement bike. Probably 1 to 2 HP.

2) Sound... opening up a signal. basically gives a fairly ear piercing sound. It sounds much better under load than it does on the driveway. I'd put the peak dB level at around 114. But, have to say for a signal it sounds great.

3) The one fact that I do have is that its just under 10 pounds lighter than stock. Which on a small bike means a lot.
Hope this helps.
Shawn

Shawn Ryan
Competition Werkes Inc.
(800)736-2114

HardRacing

Supporting Vendor
Country flag

Guys Don't get your nickers all tied up. Your basing this off Shawn's "Guess" on db level.

Do you want Facts.?? or Guess ?

Once the rain stops....... we will do db some tests, and fly by videos.

Until then........ Relax.........

OldVet

Shawn works for CW are you saying you don't think he may have a good idea based on other cans they have built?

I would like to see some reading with an actual dB meter if you have access to one.

OldVet

114db! That is crazy loud. I think most tracks are limited to 98db. I think State of WA says 105db to be street legal.

Whoa you are lucky Laguna Seca next to my house has a 90 db limit and they run a meter next to the track on the uphill between turns 5 & 6.

Wa2fst

Country flag
Some of the most insane loud pipes ive heard on liter and big twins are around 108 which is defening. So i dont doubt CW swag. But a single isnt pumping that much def over a hundred but prob barely. Even 98 at the track is a aftermarket top brand system..not like the old D&D those loud things were just around 115.

But i for one cant wait? Im predicting rain gone by tomorrow cause its supposed to start here tomorrow lol. And that the weathcast back to you Harry Johnson

ArkansasDave

Guys Don't get your nickers all tied up. Your basing this off Shawn's "Guess" on db level.

Do you want Facts.?? or Guess ?

Once the rain stops....... we will do db some tests, and fly by videos.

Until then........ Relax.........

No im not gonna relax!!!!! I'm gonna spread rumors about overheating every time the fan comes on.

Wildbill

I ordered one from HR a few days ago. Was told expected release was in 14-18 days. Damn, I can't wait.

HardRacing

Supporting Vendor
Country flag

We did 6 Fly-by's just now, on VIDEO............ and at 8000 RPM it was only maxed out at 94 db............. (sorry, we haven't fully broken in our bike yet) Not going to Redline it.

ArkansasDave

Sorry to be picky but I'd hate to spend money and then have to ditch the pipe for sound but was he at full throttle? Seems like he let off pretty soon after he passed you(the tester). Is there a place you could do a 3rd or 4th gear pull?

HardRacing

Supporting Vendor
Country flag
Sorry to be picky but I'd hate to spend money and then have to ditch the pipe for sound but was he at full throttle? Seems like he let off pretty soon after he passed you(the tester). Is there a place you could do a 3rd or 4th gear pull?

We were at WOT, until 8000 RPM (sorry, we haven't fully broken in our bike yet) Not going to Redline it.

Wa2fst

Country flag
Sounds exactly how i would expect a single thumper to sound. Great job guys! And thanks for going the extra mile!

Chris The Welder

I've been waiting for someone to come out with a pipe that exits in the stock location. I've had my bike since the first of April. It's still bone stock, that's gona change.

ritz83

hello guys, awaiting the arrival of the little beast I'm looking around for the changes to be done. I pointed this muffler .. but I also had a question ..the muffler in the following video is the same but with the brand changed? the sound seems even deeper than werker ..
https://youtu.be/81vbZxvob6c