What is that hose under the pillion seat?

Exactly what the title says. I've seen it and I know it sucks in air but it can't possibly be the intake and I can't think of any part of the engine that would suck in air besides the intake

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Really??? I never would've expected it to be there of all places. I thought maybe like near the radiator area would make sense

Tom

It's called the "snorkel". Most smaller bikes have it in that location, as it sits relatively safe from residual heat and environmental conditions. Without a ram-air system, there's no point in routing the intake back towards the front of the bike. You can take comfort in the fact that your motorcycle is helping to save the environment every time you drill a fart into your seat.

It's called the "snorkel". Most smaller bikes have it in that location, as it sits relatively safe from residual heat and environmental conditions. Without a ram-air system, there's no point in routing the intake back towards the front of the bike. You can take comfort in the fact that your motorcycle is helping to save the environment every time you drill a fart into your seat.
Well I feel dumb now. Also uhhhh one time when I was installing a fender eliminator, I jammed a shop towel in there to keep from losing screws in there. I forgot about the towel and afterwards I turned on my bike and it was idling for a minute or two being suffocated. So I feel even worse about that now

Tom

Meh, you didnt do anything bad to the motor. I wouldn't stress it too much. A common mod on these bikes is to remove the snorkel, as well as the airbox lid it connects to. You need to add fueling via a piggyback ECU, but it sounds really cool on a stock exhaust.

You need to add fueling via a piggyback ECU, but it sounds really cool on a stock exhaust.

Wait you need the piggyback ECU if you wanna remove the snorkel and the airbox lid? Or need to add fueling just in general?

Tom

These bikes run lean as it is, so you need to add fuel regardless. You can remove the snorkel but it won't do anything as far as power. Removing the airbox lid requires aftermarket fueling via a power commander or other means of tuning.

Personally, I think the first thing you should do to these bikes is get a Power Commander from KTM Performance (Chad). You pay more ($50) for their power commander, but you get access to Chad's maps. His timing values alone are worth their weight in gold.

These bikes run lean as it is, so you need to add fuel regardless. You can remove the snorkel but it won't do anything as far as power. Removing the airbox lid requires aftermarket fueling via a power commander or other means of tuning.

Personally, I think the first thing you should do to these bikes is get a Power Commander from KTM Performance (Chad). You pay more ($50) for their power commander, but you get access to Chad's maps. His timing values alone are worth their weight in gold.

How do I order from KTM Performance?

Clarification, if I want access to Chad's maps, then how do I order from them? Just go to ktmperformance.com and order and I can access them? Or do I need to find Chad on this forum?