Air Box Problem

Just a quick update on the cracked Air Box - Although it is not a critical problem as pointed out by cjwells I still went to my KTM dealers and also supplied them with photos - The warranty was accepted without hesitation from KTM and a complete new air box was supplied to me .
This tells me that it is a known problem with the bike and will be dealt with under warranty from KTM - All I will say is that if you have this fault have it replaced while your bike is still in warranty - (Well done KTM )

Just another note although the new air box may develop the same crack at least I have a brand new one in hand to see if it can be strengthened prior to fitting - Any ways just thought I would inform you all that it should be a no hassle fix ( warranty claim )

Hekimpd

KTM has been great with any warranty issues I've had. Lets see how they are just out side the warranty.

Bill Wu

Lets clear a few things up. That broken/separation line is the crankcase breather vent separator. It is EXTERNAL to the air box. It is plastic welded/glued on to the air box. It has no baring on the ''filtered" air side of air box. There is only a 3/16'' hole between the breather/separator into the air box to vent. With the amount of oily residue/mist in there from the engine any debris/dust would stick/cling to that, NOT enter the the engine from intake track. I have had several of these apart and now they look/work. "I" don't believe it is anything to worked up about or loose sleep over. Is the best quality? No. It's a 5.5k dollar bike... I can assure you it hasn't caused any engine related "failures" or running conditions. If anything it might drip a little oil out of there, that's all. End of story.

Thank you very much for your professional reply. I found an overview picture of RC390's air box. And yes you're right, that's just another box attached to the air box. So, the broken line on that box should have nothing to do with the airbox. Many thanks!