Battery Cover Installation

frider

Country flag
Has anyone else had trouble installing the battery cover? With all of the plastic tabs inserted in their guides and everything out of the way, I can't get the latch to catch.

Ryanthegreat1

My latch is silent when it latches. A tug of the release makes it "pop" open.

I install the cover and press firmly and then try and remove the cover. If it stays I go with it.

I think the release also gets a tension on it when the lid is installed and the latch is latched.

emeglasson

Dont feel bad, my dealer had trouble getting it installed correctly, too. On my first ride the battery cover flew off and landed on the side of he highway. I backtracked, picked it up, and thankfully it hadn't been run over. Now I check it pretty carefully by giving it a tug as Ryan suggests.

If it still isnt latching, you can loosen the two bolts on top of the latch and slide it forward or back a bit, until it catches proiperly. Also, make sure to get the two plastic fittings on the front of the cover fitted first; theyre fragile and you want to kind of ease them into place. I put my finger over the female end on the battery cover, and can feel when the tab from the battery box is inserted. I think that's why mine fell off originally; the front clips weren't attached properly.

mr-fabricator

They can take an hour to put back on !

I slotted the latch holes to bring it forward a bit , when u thinknu have it located wiggle the release mech and it should close , they need a better catch for these !!

psych0hans

Country flag
In my case, the brackets with the locking mechanism had bent and was a bit too low, fixed that and it slots right in now.

paige

i found the easiest way is to hold the cover with your hands and put your index fingers feeling the front two holes (they have some rubber pads on the end) where it hooks on the front and then line it up from there and everything else just falls into place

KTMGene390

i found the easiest way is to hold the cover with your hands and put your index fingers feeling the front two holes (they have some rubber pads on the end) where it hooks on the front and then line it up from there and everything else just falls into place

Yep, I found that this is the best method too.

HardRacing

Supporting Vendor
Country flag
The big problem is the spring doesn't have enough tension to pull the right side lever to "Lock" it.

We messed with it for a while using a screw driver shaft acting like the cover's bar.

And it was the right side lever that didn't get pulled enough to engage the lock.

Tweaking the spring made it work better.