Chain Cover/Rear Hugger

Ryanthegreat1

Anyone take their chain cover off to clean their chain yet? Holy cow that made that a maddening process. 4 different tools, and a bolt that is too long to clear the rear sets. And two pieces? really?

Does the Duke 390 share swingarms? Because I really like the simpler chain cover on that bike. Looks like it is held on with half the hardware.

Ryanthegreat1

Oh me likey all ready, the Duke has a separate chain cover and hugger.

The swing arms have different part numbers. Might order up the Duke hugger and see how it goes.

Ryanthegreat1

Confirmed today that the Duke 390 hugger fits. Makes access to the chain so much easier. Cheap part too at $25 at dealer pricing.

DCMoney

Country flag
Confirmed today that the Duke 390 hugger fits. Makes access to the chain so much easier. Cheap part too at $25 at dealer pricing.

Good to know! Was about to chop the daylights out of the stock one!

Duke Part number is 90104050000, going to stop by my dealer and see if they can order me one tonight.

Last edited:

Ryanthegreat1

Quick and dirty picture of the Duke 390 hugger. Probably helps keep the rear shock a little cooler too.

IMG_20150706_210330.jpg

mr-fabricator

I use the duke rear hugger on my track bike , loks better , weighs less , easier to keep clean and service .

And its a tyga carbon fiber one :)

DCMoney

Country flag
Got mine from my dealer today actually 2.

And Ryan I think your dealer is raping you I only paid $8.79 each for mine... I did get the racers discount but it was less than $2 off.

Ryanthegreat1

I think they sold me the Splash Guard Kit that comes with the install hardware. Which is completely unnecessary.

Oh well, bummed I could have paid a lot less, happy I did not have to resort to some $$$ solution.

reenmachine

Country flag
Resurrecting this thread to see if anyone has a part number and online source.

EDIT: found it on Bike Bandit although I'd rather buy it from a site sponsor if possible. Chad?

SPLASH PROTECTOR4145300901040500001$8.79$8.79

While we're at it, do you guys run the Duke chain guard with this or just leave it off altogether? Any concerns with doing this?

Last edited:

cjwell

Supporting Vendor
Vendor
Country flag
Resurrecting this thread to see if anyone has a part number and online source.

EDIT: found it on Bike Bandit although I'd rather buy it from a site sponsor if possible. Chad?

SPLASH PROTECTOR4145300901040500001$8.79$8.79

While we're at it, do you guys run the Duke chain guard with this or just leave it off altogether? Any concerns with doing this?

It comes as a valid p/n and price too, will have to double check availability in the AM.

rick

I just run the Duke 390 mud flap w/o any chain guard. It's cheap, increases access to the shock and is a direct bolt on FWIW.

reenmachine

Country flag
I just ordered both the Duke hugger and chainguard. I may or may not run the chainguard, but it feels like a good idea for some reason.