First service costs

Jezer

Can anyone advise please - my RC390 is due for its first 600 mile service which is basically an oil change, fault diagnostics test and chain check and the dealer I bought the bike from; Fowlers of Bristol are quoting £194 plus VAT!!! I asked several times for confirmation from them that if I use a non KTM dealer, would this invalidate the two year warranty? I was advised by three different representatives from Fowlers that provided genuine KTM replacement parts are used it will NOT invalidate the warranty, but I cannot get this in writing. I asked Fowlers to get it in writing from KTM and they got back to me saying KTM would not put this in writing but by law are bound to allow another competent engineer to do do the service work. The second service is 4.600 miles so this could be an expensive love affair. Has anybody got any advice they could add please? I am nervous from rumours of reliability of KTM off road bikes that my garage engineer warned me off and he rides dirt bikes.

Treachery

Country flag
In the States, dealers can't require that you use them for service; but you are responsible for making sure that all the boxes get ticked. As to parts (Oil filter), I'm okay with using KTM during warranty. £194 is kinda real money for that service, especially if they're not seeing the inside of any of the oily parts.

Jezer

Yes as I its the same here in the UK but KTM will not put it in writing that a non KTM dealer does the service work. My garage tells me its just an oil change, chain check and general tightening up all round. On a new bike I would expect the first service free but that is not o be. A bit of a dilemma. Also I don't know whether it is imperative the bike is hooks up to a diagnosis computer. My engineer says you don't need it if no errors are showing.

JRRSKY

Dealer login to the KTM service website and record the first service for the bike, I would say at least get the first service done, but compare the prices from different dealers first.