Front Tire Valve Core Came Loose

naveed

Context: I have 2017 KTM RC 390 with Dunlop Q3+ and Puig metal valve stems (https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/puig-90-degree-valve-stems). I use Woodcraft tire warmers and run 32-33 hot in the front and 26-29 hot in the rear. I have done more than 20 track days with two sets of Dunlop Q3+ and the same valve stems; about last 10 with the tire warmers.

Yesterday, at Chuckwalla, I did 4 sessions just fine. I check tire pressures frequently, and the pressure in the first four sessions was consistently fine. When I took the front stand out of for the 5th session, the front tire was so hard, so I checked tire pressure and it was 0 PSI, the front tire was flat. I put air in the tire to see what's wrong and the valve stem was leaking air. I took it to on track Dunlop tire shop, the mechanic tightened the valve core and said you are good to go out. I did 3 sessions after that without any problem; however, I checked tire pressure dozens of time :).

Now, I am really worried because if the tire valve came loose while I am on track, it could be catastrophic. The Dunlop mechanic said that the valve stems don't come loose on their own, so I am wondering what exactly happened and what could I do to prevent it in the future.

Could it be that it was coming loose for quite some time? For the last few track days, before the first session, my front tire pressure was about 23 to 25PSI, and I just thought its low because of temperature. I think a 23PSI cold is too low for 32PSI hot, right?

Could it be that the tire was overinflated and tire warmers made it worse?

Finally, now that the mechanic tightened the core, should I be fine, or should I change the valve stems or valve cores?