Lousy Headlights

mr2kqql

I had replaced mine with some H11 drop in LEDs I choose the 4300K just like the factory HIDs that came with cars instead of 6000k that makes more bluish tint but decrease light output on the road and it makes a great difference riding at night time. It was'nt a easy plug and play unit, the size of the heatsink was a little too big and I had to cutoff part of the aluminum heatsink in order to fit. Oh well it is only $40 and it's well worth every penny of it. here are some photos that I told after the installation.
IMG_20150903_105335.jpgIMG_20150903_105338.jpgIMG_20150903_105345.jpgIMG_20150903_105351.jpgIMG_20150910_233440.jpgIMG_20150910_233444.jpgIMG_20150910_233454.jpgIMG_20150910_233457.jpg

psych0hans

Country flag
Surprisingly in india we have single low and dual high beam as standard. We also get a three position switch on the right handlebar which lets you switch between completely off, only the running lights(the ones below the headlights) and the third position for the headlights.

OldVet

My lights work quite well after I adjusted them so they were not shooting up at the stars. I would like both to be on when on high beam and it sounds like HardRacing is going to fix that for us with their PLUG-n-PLAY harness :cool:

Diploman

I am about to put one of these LED bulbs on my Duke. I have one on my V50 Guzzi Cafe, and it is stupendous. A Huge upgrade over the 55/60 watt OEM halogen, even though the 7" reflector is not optimized for an LED bulb. It is hard to argue with 3000 lumens for 25 watts, leaving excess power for other applications. The typical 60 watt halogen puts out about 1800 lumens. LED is vastly more efficient.

HardRacing

Supporting Vendor
Country flag
My lights work quite well after I adjusted them so they were not shooting up at the stars. I would like both to be on when on high beam and it sounds like HardRacing is going to fix that for us with their PLUG-n-PLAY harness :cool:

Agreed.

That was the first thing we noticed when we bought our bike......... it was like......... WTF ?

HardRacing

Supporting Vendor
Country flag

Finally... LED head lights, BOTH on for High Beam. ;-)

attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• LED1.jpg
    LED1.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 903
  • LED11.jpg
    LED11.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 707

HardRacing

Supporting Vendor
Country flag
Okay, I'll bite---went to the website and can't find an RC390 kit, just individual bulbs.

Now that we have the Plug-n-Play wire harness done ...... we have to thoroughly test it.

Don't want to release it, until we are sure, no issue.

So Far so good.

psych0hans

Country flag
Would it be possible at all to have a hi/lo setup where both lights are on in both high and low beam? Like some HID kits where they have an actuated flap for switching it from low to high beam, basically like in a car. That might be the ideal solution, but I don't know if it's even possible.

HardRacing

Supporting Vendor
Country flag
Would it be possible at all to have a hi/lo setup where both lights are on in both high and low beam? Like some HID kits where they have an actuated flap for switching it from low to high beam, basically like in a car. That might be the ideal solution, but I don't know if it's even possible.

Sure.

If you wanted you could have both on all the time.

Not sure it would pass inspection though.

aperk

Yes, my lights are awful. I haven't ridden at night since the day I brought it home because I can't see anything with low or high beams.

reenmachine

Country flag
I have to think it's a matter of adjustment for many people. I'd like to see a graph of rider weight vs. satisfaction with the lights. I've actually been quite happy with mine -- better lights than several other bikes I've owned, including my 1190 -- but mine are aimed properly.

MrGrody

I have to think it's a matter of adjustment for many people. I'd like to see a graph of rider weight vs. satisfaction with the lights. I've actually been quite happy with mine -- better lights than several other bikes I've owned, including my 1190 -- but mine are aimed properly.
Ya only other bike I've ridden that's had a better light is the Grom. .. go figure lol

But Ya my rc headlight is great

HardRacing

Supporting Vendor
Country flag

Yea, it's not for everyone. Like we posted on our thread.

" .... If you are content with your stock setup and only 1 light on and that's good enough.......... then this kit is obviously, not for you.

But, if you are like us........ and can never have enough illumination.... then you might like this kit. "

Same reason, not everyone buys an aftermarket exhaust, or better suspension or better brakes......... because stock is just fine for them.

Last edited: