Not so smooth criminal. Knock it off with those negative waves....

Chuditch

Hi so I succumbed to temptation and put a BMC air filter in and popped a slip on Ixil muffler on my 2017 RC.

It goes like the clappers but I now notice an increase in vibes through the bars at around 70km/he that wasn't there before.

It actually doesn't feel that good compared to how smooth it felt stock.

I have no PCV and the mods are as described above. Did something go wrong or should I be waiting for the PCV now I have done these fairly minimal mods? I mean, an air filter is just an airfilter and a muffler is just a muffler right? I don't get any backfires and the bike seems to run better especially in the mid to higher range.

Last edited:

Chuditch

Yeah it feels like it's leaning out in the closed loop.... I know very little about fuelling but my guts tell me that it's not getting enough fuel when it does the vibrating. The vibes seem to come in as early as 5000 to 6000rpm doing 70km in 4th down a hill and around 80kmh on the flat.

Looks like putting a slip on and a free breathing air cleaner really needs a PCV to make it run ok.

I'll be taking the muffler and filter off tonight and restoring it to stock. Awaiting delivery on a PCV from Chad (Commonwealth Motorcycles).

Last edited:

CDN Duke

Country flag
Yeah it feels like it's leaning out in the closed loop.... I know very little about fuelling but my guts tell me that it's not getting enough fuel when it does the vibrating. The vibes seem to come in as early as 5000 to 6000rpm doing 70km in 4th down a hill and around 80kmh on the flat.

Looks like putting a slip on and a free breathing air cleaner really needs a PCV to make it run ok.

I'll be taking the muffler and filter off tonight and restoring it to stock. Awaiting delivery on a PCV from Chad (Commonwealth Motorcycles).

Good plan - yes, you desparately need more fuel in the right spots...