Power Commander Installed ...two questions

SWdragon

Country flag
I installed my power commander today and have two questions.

1. Item 15 in the instructions says to unplug the stock crank position sensor, it's a black 4 pin connector near the FRT, LH side of cylinder head. Picture in instructions shows a 6 pin and a 4 pin connector. I could not find a black 4 pin connector BUT I did find just on the outside of frame, a BLUE four pin connector with same ends as PCV crank position sensor. So I hook to it and routed it inside the frame, just so happens it fit right next to 6 pin connector. Is this is correct connection?

2. Power Commander module has two lights on it. One is for POWER which was green when I started the bike, other light is for STATUS which was flashing red when bike was running. Is this correct?

Bike ran well, but I only ran it a couple of minutes as I was concerned with the above questions and I need to load the TYGA map.

Ryanthegreat1

I suspect something is not right. Just checked my PCv and it is soild green on the power light and nothing on the status light when running.

Maybe flashing means it does not have a map loaded?

SWdragon

Country flag
Yes...nothing in any instructions concerning flashing red lights on status or on the power commander website. Other bike forums had various answers to my question.

cornerslider

I would agree the instructions leave a bit to be desired..... I just installed mine a couple weeks ago on my 2016. I gave up in the written instructions...... There are two youtube videos out there that do a pretty good job. I went back and forth between the Dynojet video, and the Hardracing video. They both contain the same information, they each just differ in how well they show the plugs (lighting/close-up/etc.). I followed both of those videos, and the colors of the plugs that each of them call out, was correct. If I remember right, I think I found it very temping to plug into the BLUE connector as you did? The BLACK plug was buried a little deeper in the wiring harness. As much of a PITA it is, I would take another look at it. I do not have any flashing red lights on my PCV. Hope that helps, good luck-

SWdragon

Country flag
Well I rechecked all connections and map load....no flashing red light and just got done with a 30 minute ride, runs awesome. Still don't know about blue connector. I gonna e-mail Chad before I take it apart again.

cjwell

Supporting Vendor
Vendor
Country flag
Well I rechecked all connections and map load....no flashing red light and just got done with a 30 minute ride, runs awesome. Still don't know about blue connector. I gonna e-mail Chad before I take it apart again.

Email sent! Blue=wrong

SWdragon

Country flag
Ok I watched the Hard racing video as you suggested corner slider and they got to the crank position sensor from the left side, so I took the left side bodywork off and finally found the stupid thing after cutting about three factor zipties. Fixed my connections and all good, thanks. Hmmm, it ran fine when I had it plugged to that blue connector? Probably a horn relay or something?

Fasteddy

Country flag
Ok I watched the Hard racing video as you suggested corner slider and they got to the crank position sensor from the left side, so I took the left side bodywork off and finally found the stupid thing after cutting about three factor zipties. Fixed my connections and all good, thanks. Hmmm, it ran fine when I had it plugged to that blue connector? Probably a horn relay or something?

This blue connector?

Screenshot from 2016-06-25 12:06:27.jpg

That is the Lighting Control Unit module - 'A53 LCU control unit'

cornerslider

I'm happy to help, and I'm glad you got it sorted out-