Southern California- Here's my knowledge so far regarding arrival date and pricing

Matt

Hello guys

My status: 2 refundable deposits down at the 2 closest KTM dealers to me.

From my understanding based off talking with multiple dealers, if you go through a "flagship dealer" (meaning they only sell that specific brand) you're least likely to pay inflated dealer fees (due to the bike being a new release and highly anticipated). Flagship dealer's dealer fees seem to be around $500 while general dealer's dealer fees seem to be around $1500. However, the few flagship dealers that are around say they'll definitely have more buyers on their waiting list than actual RC390's by the time they're finally released (estimated April EOM due to shipping customs backed up). The general dealers all say they have at most 1 person on their waiting lists if not any.

I guess you get what you pay for so yes, you're paying about a $1000 more through a general dealer (depending on how good you are with haggling) but because they generally have and offer everything and anything you can imagine for riding such as service dept, accessories dept, apparel dept, etc. etc., all which their buyers get exclusive discounts to (~15% off).

That being said, based off what both the flagship dealers and the general dealers are saying, is that money talks and the highest bidder will walk away with the bike.

That's as much as I know as of now. If anyone knows any better or has anything insight to add please share.

TZMike

Regarding fees at time of purchase for the RC390:

I signed a contract for a Cup bike with $450 delivery charge and $400 dealer prep along with all the standard DMV & tax fees. Total "Out-The-Door" price is $12K (in CA).

I would expect the street versions to have similar charges so $5500 + $950 + DMV & tax = total OTD approx $7000 (in CA).

If being charged more than this the dealer is probably gouging!

Mike

Scratcher

My contract totals $7100.00. Last I spoke to dealer I'm the only one with a deposit down and they have two bikes on the way.

SarahC805

My dealer (general-not flagship) says he had 7 deposits and they are only getting 4 bikes. I have had my deposit with them for almost 2 years and he is quoting me $7200 out the door. Seemd a little high but looking at other posts makes me feel a little better. I should charge them intrest on the money I put down 2 years ago!!

Matt

My dealer (general-not flagship) says he had 7 deposits and they are only getting 4 bikes. I have had my deposit with them for almost 2 years and he is quoting me $7200 out the door. Seemd a little high but looking at other posts makes me feel a little better. I should charge them intrest on the money I put down 2 years ago!!

Not sure where you're from but there's quite a few dealers out here in the Inland Empire/ Orange County area where I've been shopping around. OTD quotes ranging from $6700 - 7900. Luckily after some back and forth with the dealer closest to me I let them know that I prefer to buy through them being that they're closest however if they can't match the $6700 then I'd have to take my business elsewhere. He just got back to me this morning with a break down cost accumulating to that $6700 and said I will be the first one on the waiting list for it once it arrives (all is in writing).

That being said, if you're in an area where there's not too many dealers to shop around then that's a good price considering the supply/demand of 4/7. Keep in mind,the deposits they accept are refundable and non obligatory to anything including your place in line, unless you have an agreement in writing.

SarahC805

Not sure where you're from but there's quite a few dealers out here in the Inland Empire/ Orange County area where I've been shopping around. OTD quotes ranging from $6700 - 7900. Luckily after some back and forth with the dealer closest to me I let them know that I prefer to buy through them being that they're closest however if they can't match the $6700 then I'd have to take my business elsewhere. He just got back to me this morning with a break down cost accumulating to that $6700 and said I will be the first one on the waiting list for it once it arrives (all is in writing).

That being said, if you're in an area where there's not too many dealers to shop around then that's a good price considering the supply/demand of 4/7. Keep in mind,the deposits they accept are refundable and non obligatory to anything including your place in line, unless you have an agreement in writing.

Dealer one is 113 miles away!! I found another dealer about 250 miles away that gave me an OTD quote of $6650. Put a deposit on that one. Costs me an extra $50-75 in gas to get there but worth saving $500. Now if we can just get them to the dealership already!!!!

Fasteddy

Country flag
I pick mine up Saturday - YIPPEE ! $6207 I am told it has Perelli Rossa II tires on it, does not have integrated turn signals ....

rc_Guy

could you confirm if those bikes had the slipper clutch? i think only one member said that it didnt have, but it be nice to get another confirmation. did you buy them in CA? ya lucky sob!

We picked up 2 today for $6198.00 each, no taxes or tag...( track bikes)

ray

@TZMike
Is it cheaper to buy the CUP bike than to buy the normal one and buy the CUP parts?

Cause, doesn't the CUP bike actually make lesser horses?

@TZMike
Is it cheaper to buy the CUP bike than to buy the normal one and buy the CUP parts?

Cause, doesn't the CUP bike actually make lesser horses?

Yes, its cheaper to buy a CUP RC 390 that make 38HP. The WP suspension (front & rear) is $3000.00 alone. The CUP bike sell for $9999 but you will need a copy of your AMA Road Racing Superstock Limited license or license application to purchase one.

TZMike

There are lots of differences between the street version and the Cup bike. Someone said it's over 40 specific parts being changed. The main ones I can think of are solo seat, belly pan, exhaust, front brake disk, forks, shock, windscreen, rearsets, levers, throttle assy. Add the cost of all that stuff up and you could probably buy a 2nd street bi8ke.

The Cup bike is meant to be raced in the MotoAmerica Cup series. Unless you are 14-22 years old and hold a race license you would probably not be able to buy one anyway. With all the Cup bikes having the same output it does not really matter that it is a little less than the street tune.

I was at my local dealer here in CA today and they thought the Cup bike would not come with a street title. If that is true it will not be streetable in any case.

Surely there will be lots of aftermarket parts for the street bike. I suspect fork kits (I have seen fork cartridge kits with compression in one leg and rebound in the other available for other bikes- these kits could be adapted without too much trouble) and shocks (I bet there are existing shocks which will bolt in and need only a spring and some setup) are already in development. Rearsets and top triple clamps are probably not far behind. And the usual bodywork manufacturers will offer race bodywork parts soon enough...

Buy the street bike. Ride the $&#t out of it. And wait just a little while for the aftermarket suppliers to do their thing! $5000 can buy a lot of aftermarket bits... Just MHO

Tokyolow81

First post. Was calling around yesterday (Santa Barbara, Orange County, Thousand Oaks, Bakersfield,and a couple of others). All were reluctant to give me an OTD price. Santa Barbara (my closest dealer) was begging me to put a deposit down 2 months ago. Now, the salesman stated that they weren't getting them until end of May (C.A.R.B issues) and tried to steer me into buying an R3--no thank you, I know what I want. Additionally, he seemed surprised when I stated the MSRP was $5499. "oh, I thought it was around $6000". Come on dude, MSRP is easy to research, you know what it is. I feel like they're trying to scam, which sucks because I've met this salesman in person, and he seemed like a genuinely nice guy.

The other dealers stated the same thing about bikes in CA being stuck at port because of EPA and other CA-related issue. They didn't seem to know when exactly they'd be released.

Matt

@T81, I've been getting the exact same feedback recently as I've been contacting dealers all throughout Southern CA now. I already have an agreement with my local dealer at $6700 otd but was trying to see if any other dealers had any clues as to when they should be released to CA. The majority are estimating April EOM (can anyone confirm this?).

Tokyolow81

Matt, thanks for letting me know your OTD. That should give me a good baseline to work with. Crossing my fingers. If I get any updates, I'll surely post them here.