Top speed of RC 390

annyankee

KTM claims that the top speed of RC 390 is 111 MPH (179 KPH) but I could only reach a top speed of 104 MPH (167 KPH) on multiple occasions. Is something wrong with my bike or the true top speed of the stock bike without any tweaks is what I got?

green_bread

Country flag
Lots of things can affect the top speed of the bike. I had no issues hitting 111 mph (indicated) on my bike in completely stock form, however, I am only about 160 lbs, was in a full tuck, etc. If you're a bigger guy, sitting up/not tucked, or some other aerodynamic factor is coming in to play, that can reduce your top speed pretty quickly.

Also, if you're going off of GPS and not the dash, the speeds will be different. For instance, my dash would read 111 mph, but the GPS said I was only doing 106 mph.

Just some other things to think about. ;-)

rick

I had no problems hitting that indicated top speed (or slightly more) and I'm 200 Lbs plus gear. I had to be in a full tuck on a little bit longer straight but no big deal.

Hypoint

Yes sir. But it was after the akra map. If it helps, this was on the highway but I wasn't drafting. On the track at NJMP I hit 108 before I slammed in my brakes entering T1. My buddy got it at 115 well before the cones entering T1

Last edited: