Which exhaust to get?

Carson01

I just got my 2015 ktm rc 390 last week. And I have the stock exhaust on it. But I am wanting something that is louder. But not too loud where it is annoying. I am mainly going to be riding on the street so mainly looking for sound over power, but of course power would be nice. Just trying to see what you guys have and what you like and dislike.
Thanks

Andy

Country flag
I opted for a Spark, it's actually a Duke 390 exhaust, although it's a tad fruity on the sound!
FB_IMG_1507045036344.jpg

nhenneman

It's going to be hard to get a smaller pipe without being too loud, although I think there's an akra system thats fairly short but sounds really good. Werkes is about as short as they get but the sound could be helped with the repack. There are some threads about that here.

green_bread

Country flag
I am pretty partial to the Yoshi exhaust. Its pretty loud without the baffles, but with them, its not any worse than any of the other systems on the market. I like that its a high mount exhaust and it wont drag the ground like the Akra, Arrow, MIVV, etc.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

cjwell

Supporting Vendor
Vendor
Country flag
Gbaby can attest, we found 3 hp in his race bike when he brought it to me! We pulled on his arrow gp2 then switched to the open akra system, made way nicer results ;). He purchased it and left with the open akra on the bike. I believe green-bread rode it pre and post as well....

green_bread

Country flag
I believe green-bread rode it pre and post as well....

I actually havent had the chance to hop on his RC, yet... just the SV. I know that he was VERY happy with the switch in exhausts like you said, though.

Trying to convince him to put together an Ultralight endurance team with me, Dylan Deutchlander, and Cameron Jones (my racing teammate that you probably havent heard of yet, but I guarantee you will this year!) to take on the CMRA events. MAN... I hope that happens! :)

Los17rc390

Just ordered a competition werkes for my 2017 rc390, as well as an older header pipe. For the mean time I just removed the side mount exhaust and it sounds much better.