2015 ignition case cover fit the 2016?

HardknockGarage

I feel like asking on here will get me a better answer than at my local dealership parts counter, as they do knot know the difference between a case cover and engine case... SO my question is, will a 2015 ignition case cover Part # 90230002133 fit the 2016 model. My 2016 model cover is damaged and weeping oil. I cannot find the part number for the 2016's.

I have seen that to case savers do not seem to fit the 2016 model. I wonder if the issue is with the shape of outside of the cover or if the entire cover is altogether different?

Thanks!

cornerslider

The bolt pattern on the outside of the cases appears to be the same. The "lug" on the stator side is rotated up about 30-45 degrees on the 2016. Internally, I have no clue what changed? I'm still trying to get case savers for my 2016...... The 2015 covers will NOT fit-

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Formula390

Supporting Vendor
Vendor
Country flag
I feel like asking on here will get me a better answer than at my local dealership parts counter, as they do knot know the difference between a case cover and engine case... SO my question is, will a 2015 ignition case cover Part # 90230002133 fit the 2016 model. My 2016 model cover is damaged and weeping oil. I cannot find the part number for the 2016's.

I have seen that to case savers do not seem to fit the 2016 model. I wonder if the issue is with the shape of outside of the cover or if the entire cover is altogether different?

Thanks!

The stator was changed, and internals were moved. The 15 case won't fit the 16:
2015: 90230002133 IGNITION COVER WITH PLUG
2016: 93730002000 IGNITION COVER

Call Commonwealth Moto. I'm sure they will be able to order the part for you.

In the mean while, depending on how much the cover is damaged, you may be able to patch it with some J-B Weld Marine Epoxy. You'll have to clean the part VERY well, and rough it up a little (sounds like that may be already done) to give the epoxy a chance at something to hold onto. I've used it for trackside emergency repairs during endurance races and it works "good enough" to get you by until you can get a replacement part.