Anybody got a 2016 yet?

Sacape2

As far as I know yes.

I was referring to the 390's which I wouldn't purchase again as long as it is made in India.

I would however purchase any of the other KTM's that aren't made in India as they are well made.

I thought all US Spec 390s were Indian made. I still consider the 390 an Austrian bike, just how Ford and Chevy are still American [assembled] but manufactured in foreign countries (with exception to a very few models).

OldVet

I thought all US Spec 390s were Indian made. I still consider the 390 an Austrian bike, just how Ford and Chevy are still American [assembled] but manufactured in foreign countries (with exception to a very few models).

Anyway you look at the quality isn't up to par with the KTM's made in Austria...

Sacape2

Anyway you look at the quality isn't up to par with the KTM's made in Austria...

I wouldn't know the quality of Austrian made ones, except for their dirtbikes and even that is limited experience. I can't complain about my 2015 yet haha.

Seth

Country flag
I can't complain about my entry level rc390. Looks exotic, plenty of power for a beginner and the price was 3,000 less than a boring Honda 250

Seth

Country flag
$3000.00 less? That Honda was way overpriced or you got the KTM for a song!

I was considering a Honda 250 with a ABS and Repsol graphic as my first bike $8,250.00 MSRP. Then I found the RC390 and Duke390 What $5,000.00 MSRP?!?!?! Which one should I get.. The Duke is a flat out bad ass looking naked bike. The RC is super sexy with farings, so exotic! My wife told me I should get the one with farings. Ya, I went on that waiting list! Like others have said.. People stare at it like it is a spaceship. I do not race my bike... yet. I take it somewhat easy and I feel like this will make this world bike eh last a long time.. I am hoping anyway!

Idgit-Galoot

Country flag

True but if the bikes were made in Austria then the price tag wouldn't be $5,500, they would probably be more like $8,500 or higher. And as much as I and I'm sure several others would be willing to pay for that quality, the general market most likely would not.

OldVet

True but if the bikes were made in Austria then the price tag wouldn't be $5,500, they would probably be more like $8,500 or higher. And as much as I and I'm sure several others would be willing to pay for that quality, the general market most likely would not.

Yeah maybe, there’s no doubt the cheap price is an incentive.

But you know the old saying you get what you pay for. KTM built their reputation on quality bikes. I’m just afraid the 390’s aren’t going to do anything positive for their reputation and will eventually hurt the sales of their other bikes.

stevieboy

Country flag
The problems with the 390's will hurt their reputation. The way they handle, or don't handle, the many warranty claims may cement that. It is hard to get new customers but REALLY hard to get them back if you lose them.

ray

I think ive said this before. Its not "India" that's spoiling the bike. The engineering is all-Austrian and the bikes are just made to the specs in India. Its KTM Austria's decision of how the bike should be built that's hurting it. They obviously chose the cheapest ways. The Yamaha's and Honda's built in India are very good. 80% or the R15's from 2009 and CBR250's from 2012 have less than half the problems of the RC's.

stevieboy

Country flag
I think ive said this before. Its not "India" that's spoiling the bike. The engineering is all-Austrian and the bikes are just made to the specs in India. Its KTM Austria's decision of how the bike should be built that's hurting it. They obviously chose the cheapest ways. The Yamaha's and Honda's built in India are very good. 80% or the R15's from 2009 and CBR250's from 2012 have less than half the problems of the RC's.

That makes the spec fan understandable but the lack of necessary lubrication and dealer support is different.

Totally agree Ray I had a 2012 Yamaha R15 as a commute to work ride and the bike had way better finishing etc than the RC but sticking to the thread a believe the 2016 RC will be updated in many of the problem areas although I am from Australia and the new 2016 will be the latest version upgrade but are not sure if the 2016 arriving to America will be a true upgrade only time will tell ............

big_sur

I mean it's a cheap ass entry level motorcycle guys; you get what you pay for. If you want a nice KTM, spend some money. I haven't had any issues with mine, but regardless, it's nothing like my super duke in terms of quality.

ray

I mean it's a cheap ass entry level motorcycle guys; you get what you pay for. If you want a nice KTM, spend some money. I haven't had any issues with mine, but regardless, it's nothing like my super duke in terms of quality.

True, the R3 which is built in India carries quite a heavier price tag and 5% of the problems. Like I said..KTM decided to make it as cheap as possible..so much power and capability at the cost of quality. I knew exactly what I was getting into and Im happy :D

After clocking quite a bit of miles on the ZX14R and coming back to the RC after a while..It still put smile on my face :)