simpletty

Country flag
So I get the call, bikes ready. Head down to the dealer to pick it up. They bring it around, well oh my F@#K it looks like someone took a grease gun and wiped it all over the fairings, Plenty of dust on it as well since it was sitting for over a month. Instrument panel lens is scratched badly, left upper black fairing has a huge scratch, pushpins that hold the rad shielding to the inside of the fairing is barely attached. 3 out of the 6 pins are broken as well. Rear shock covered in grease and oil. Literally a shit show of disgrace. Went back in to the service counter and said my boss would fire me if :I returned a vehicle to a customer that looked like that. Wow from bad to worse in a heartbeat. Rode home and now my confidence level in the engine being torn down and repaired right is on my mind. Also forgot how this thing is like riding a marshmallow to a dinner party. It took me an hour to get home but at least it made it ok. So emailed the pictures off to the dealer, he knew about the scratched gauge panel and ordered me a new one already. Im sure he wont be happy about the rest of the stuff I found. Bike was not given back to me in the same condition that It was when it was picked up. Once these items are corrected there will be no returning to this place. Thankfully there is another dealer that is in the local area as well. I hope that everyone out there does not have this kind of luck. Seems :I have drawn the worst hand in this from start to finish. There are no excuses for this kind of work in my book. It may not be a panagale, but it still should be treated with the same amount of respect that a panagale would get. There will be a follow up call to the general manager tomorrow for sure. Im not out for blood but I want some answers.

Ryanthegreat1

Sadly this sounds exactly like every visit to a service department I have ever had.

Exactly why I do my own service warranty or not. No one takes pride in their work these days.

EnergyHOU

Luckily found myself a truly fantastic dealer, appears to be rare these days. Worth the 1 hour trip to get there every time.

simpletty

Country flag
DEALER is replacing the instrument panel, all broken pushpins and replacing the scratched plastics. They really effed up and had zero hesitation when I showed them everything.

cornerslider

Simpletty- you should really sell your bike..... You obviously don't like KTM, or your local dealers. I hear Honda makes a bullet proof bike that doesn't go very fast, but lasts forever....... Every post from you is the same rant about how horrible your bike is. Please cut your losses, and move on. Some of us LIKE our RC390. I don't know what you get out of complaining in every post?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

cornerslider

Maybe I was a bit "harsh" in my reply this morning..... I just get fed up with negative posts about this bike. The RC390 isn't built as well as it's Japanese competitors PERIOD (in my opinion). My wife rides a CBR250R that I know will out last my RC. It's built better, but doesn't have anywhere near the punch that the RC packs. That is a worthwhile trade off for me. If my bike "grenaded" tomorrow, I would be disappointed, but rebuild it, and continue to ride it. But that's just me........

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Metals 907

I'm in the same boat. In my humble opinion, there isn't another lightweight bike on the market that compares to the rc390. The little ninja and cbr may be built a little better in terms of fit and finish ( can't speak for the r3 haven't ridden one yet). But in terms of handling, power, and fun factor, the rc blows em out of the water. I've never had a bike that was as confidence inspiring in all weather, and road conditions, as the rc390. Only fault , that is more of an annoyance than fault, I could point out is how much of a pain in the ass it can be to work on. I know such is the trade off for being compact , light weight, and ridiculously nimble.

Every manufacture has lemons. When a model range like the ktm 390's come crashing onto the scene like a teenager with adhd, it creates a lot of attention. Everyone is watching and forming their own opinions.

simpletty

Country flag
The bike is fixed, I am happy with the fact its fixed. The tech who fixed the bike did a shameful job and was not careful, hence the damaged pieces and in no way does that make the bike horrible, it was just some carelessness that will cost the dealer $ and time. They have offered plenty of free stuff to make up for the problems so I am ok with it. The dealer is replacing all damaged parts at no cost to myself at all as well. Also where in any of the last weeks have :I said anything about the bike being terrible cornerslider. The suspension sucks, yes, I am in the midst of upgrading that at the moment and we all know unless you weigh nothing the suspension is a must to upgrade. I love the torque, the sound and the way the bike looks. I have extended warranty so let it break I can deal with it The fact the electrics went, I assume responsibility for that--if i would not have messed with the pcv it would have been ok., I will in the future install a powercommander again, I have no fear of them, I just got unlucky and was really pissed about it and vented here. Sorry for expressing that and I what else can I say, sorry for being upset ?? Cornerslider you can also self censor and choose not to read what I say, but I have taken to light that people were growing weary of my rants and have been pretty upbeat about the bike as of late. You cant be happy about service like I received though and I shared the fact. The dealer has made things right, so all is well in my world. I am very optimistic and looking forward to having plenty of fun tossing this around on the track. Im happy its back in my garage

Metals 907

We're all human. I'd tell the world too if I were in your shoes. Still glad to hear you got it back and are enjoying it while you can. Our season up here is incredibly short. The loss of that much saddle time would leave me quite bent out of shape. Shoddy work by others is whyour I do my own. If I can't trust my mechanic with my life I won't let em touch my machine.