Ecu flash

streetfighter

Seeing as these guys are local to me I would like to use their services but I am not allowed under the GCR's.
At the national round this year I watched the officials asked teams to swap out ECU's on their bikes...Use of a piggy-back system was no problem but tampering with the ECU is not permitted. I'm not sure how one of the other racers gets away with it but it isn't in my nature to protest so I'll never know.

strange that piggy back system is permitted if the modifying ECU internal is not permitted. The purpose of the piggy back system is exactly that ......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

streetfighter

Already have a response from them. Looking positive already. It's always nice to have an option. I would rather have a programmed Ecu over one that's controlled by a module. I'm from the automotive world and we have been programming ECU's for years. It's just my opinion but I prefer changing the internal programming vs ago between module that is capable of failing or causing issues

hi. what mods have you done to you bike? they will need to come up with a map to match your mods. you mentioned reducing the temp setting of the fan, to what degree? any other settings that you would like to or can change?

simpletty

Country flag
hi. what mods have you done to you bike? they will need to come up with a map to match your mods. you mentioned reducing the temp setting of the fan, to what degree? any other settings that you would like to or can change?

I have done the pipe, air box mod amd filter. They have maps made and tested for the mods, As far as the fan temp setting nothing has been confirmed with them as of yet. I will have more information once I have corresponded more with ECU: west. Keep in mind they are in Australia so the turnaround time will more than likely be weeks. We have months of snow here so for me tine is a non issue. They do have dyno graphs and arfs on the website. Looking around on their facebook page it sure seems like these guys have an excellent facility and do toms of motorcycles.

"ECUWest has cracked the Indian Made KTM Bosch ECU’s, defined the files and developed awesome tuning packages. As can be seen in the graphs below, the bikes run dangerously lean once free flowing exhausts are fitted and airbox mods are carried out, the power curves are horrible before ECU remapping also. A massive 4Nm increase of peak torque in such a light bike will give that unfair advantage you’re after, not to mention more than 10Nm down low. A 500RPM over rev will help when shift times arent quite right too. $495.00 Mail in flash or $850.00 for custom dyno remap "
KTM RC390 Performance ECU Remapping | ECUwest

495 AUD=374.1260 USD

personally to me its a no-brainer. But its my preference instead of running other add on enhancers. By no means am I trying to discredit the Power commander in any way. Its going to be a month or so before I send it away, and it will be until next year that I can give any reports on performance.