Engine kit progress

s30series

Damnit. I really, really, really didn't want to get into the internals of this engine......now it looks like I'm going to have to

JKBC

So the cams are gear driven...is there a chain at all used or is it fully gear driven from the crankshaft to the cams?

cjwell

Supporting Vendor
Vendor
Country flag
Any progress on sourcing a power commander to tune once you've done all this engine stuff?

My PCV shipped this past Tuesday! Frist one for testing.... Not available to you guys yet, sit tight. I'll post pics when mine arrives ;)

Last edited:

micahpearlman

My PCV shipped this past Tuesday! Frist one for testing.... Not available to you guys yet, sit tight. I'll post pics when mine arrives ;)

Any details you can post on the PCV would be great. I just installed the PowerTRONIC and to me it seems a little janky in that It determines load via the PWM signal that the ECU is sending to the injectors, which to me it seems MAP and/or TPS sensor would be much more accurate for determining load. Other then that it seems to work fine with my setup (Akropovic + K&N) -- it wheelies much easier now, but need to get it on a dyno to really know.

Also, will you be selling thinner top end gaskets?

cjwell

Supporting Vendor
Vendor
Country flag
Any details you can post on the PCV would be great. I just installed the PowerTRONIC and to me it seems a little janky in that It determines load via the PWM signal that the ECU is sending to the injectors, which to me it seems MAP and/or TPS sensor would be much more accurate for determining load. Other then that it seems to work fine with my setup (Akropovic + K&N) -- it wheelies much easier now, but need to get it on a dyno to really know.

Also, will you be selling thinner top end gaskets?

I can give as many details as I know on PCV, just ask. Gaskets will be done hopefully next week head and base.

micahpearlman

I can give as many details as I know on PCV, just ask. Gaskets will be done hopefully next week head and base.

Just wondering how the PCV is determining load? (For a number of reasons I'm already sold on getting a PCV even though I have a PowerTRONIC -- just curious more then anything)

cjwell

Supporting Vendor
Vendor
Country flag
PCV always uses TPS. Will interrupt tps, cps, injector and coil. Has fuel, timing capabilities, and rev Xtend.

JKBC

Its chain driven, just not pictured.
Thanks.
Sorry I was thinking chain driven sprockets would have the tooth look of rear drive sprockets like many do and was wishfully thinking we all had full gear-driven DOHC's like some legendary exotic GP machines.
(eg: this 3 cylinder 500cc MV Agusta....and the late 1950's 500cc DOHC Moto-Guzzi V-8 that is behind it with the full dust bin fairing https://youtu.be/5cQR7Aq4tzY )