Engine kit progress

cjwell

Supporting Vendor
Vendor
Country flag
Hi Chad,
Are you just going to offer this as a "kit" or will you sell the bits and pieces as well?

Mainly "kit" only. I will sell thin gaskets and mechanical tensioner separately for folks needing to stay legal club wise. The piston and cams need to be used together to make numbers. Pcv once available will be available alone too. I have enough PCV's on way to make 3 complete "kits".

DCMoney

Country flag
Same as you discovered... Nothing new just incase some haven't figured out. It's a must for all trying to make power. All my PCV maps are built without lid.

Coo! Wish there was a like button...

What does the big bore kit bring the total cc to?

SPG

Hi Chad,
This is probably a very stupid question, but here goes... Did you do any dyno runs during the development to see how much of a change occurs with just a change from stock exhaust to Acra? I have been wondering how much running the Acra remap with the stock exhaust would improve things. There is a local dealer who is trying for a "stock" class series for these bikes, so high dollar mods will be off the table, but a factory remap is likely an easy sell. Also, while pulling the lid might work for this series, it wouldn't work for any Supersport classes. Since there are 5 classes I can run the RC in (6 with the stock series), I am sniffing around to find the sweet spot between legal classes, decent performance, and other bikes to compete with.
Thanks for all your work on these bikes. It's really great to see someone putting in the effort and sharing the results!

-Sean

cjwell

Supporting Vendor
Vendor
Country flag
It is stock bore still, straight drop in piston. Sean, if you look at graphs above and in my gallery I tuned a stock engine with Akra exhaust and air filter/lid combo with a PCV. It's graph 3 vs engine "kit" both on pump fuel. If I could get cylinders at a cost effective price I would do a big bore kit. I can have pistons and head gaskets made but you all would have to send the cylinder to Millennium Technologies yourself for bore/plate/hone along with new piston. Not that it can't be done, just takes more time and bike is down longer. I know how you guys are want it yesterday and bike running then too :p

mr-fabricator

Super work as always chad , if i was wearing a hat id take it off to you .

One slightly different question for u . Whats the difference between the duke 200 and 390 engine . Is it cylinder and piston only ?? I have the chance of one for $150 bucks and if i can use it to build my "race" engine , that would be perfect . thanks lee

cjwell

Supporting Vendor
Vendor
Country flag
Super work as always chad , if i was wearing a hat id take it off to you .

One slightly different question for u . Whats the difference between the duke 200 and 390 engine . Is it cylinder and piston only ?? I have the chance of one for $150 bucks and if i can use it to build my "race" engine , that would be perfect . thanks lee

Thanks! 200 vs 390, 200 isn't here in states. But the stroke (crank) is different too. 89x60 vs 72x49. Not a clue about other bits but "I" wouldn't chance it. There's probably other differences in cases, bearing sizes etc... Don't think you could make it a 390 easily/effectively. Head and valve sizes are probably different etc. Just guessing though

cjwell

Supporting Vendor
Vendor
Country flag
Any update on the engine kit?

"Growing" pains.... :eek: Have good results/time on all my parts. Having to make/source a couple more new parts for longevity then I think we'll be set for a "full" kit with good reliability. Sorry it has taken so long. I wanted to make sure it's a tested and reliable package before selling to everyone. Have found some minor issues with stock pieces needing to be addressed.

DCMoney

Country flag
"Growing" pains.... :eek: Have good results/time on all my parts. Having to make/source a couple more new parts for longevity then I think we'll be set for a "full" kit with good reliability. Sorry it has taken so long. I wanted to make sure it's a tested and reliable package before selling to everyone. Have found some minor issues with stock pieces needing to be addressed.

Thanks for the update! Looking forward to the kit!

cjwell

Supporting Vendor
Vendor
Country flag
Got some goodies in finally! Have the test mule reassembled and will be on dyno later today or tomorrow. New valve spring kit contains Ti retainers, single valve sprigs, hardened spring seats and new keepers. Quite a bit of weight reduction of moving parts, more seat pressure, etc. New retainers use a common 9.48 mm shim instead of 10 mm oddball. These spring kits are a must for any cam change and must be purchased with my engine kit! Also several stock engines have succumb to beating up keepers. This kit would be highly recommended for any track/race use with stock engine as well for sustained high rpm. Couple shots below. Maybe some porting work too ;)

IMG_5682.jpgIMG_5685.jpgIMG_5695.jpgIMG_5728.jpgIMG_5715.jpg