Need a front wheel - USA only, please

zippy49

Hi All, I'm looking for a new front wheel for my 390. I've been told that they will not be available until end of October, does anyone have one they can sell me or know of one in stock somewhere? Or I'll replace it once I get the new one next month. Did this at a local Kart track yesterday...I'm having trouble walking today.

The bike was just great up until this happened...a real rocket on the straights. Passed a whole bunch of motard guys. Then I fell into an unmarked and uncovered concrete pit on the track exit. As far as I can tell, nothing else got damaged!

Attachments

• Rim damage 1.jpg
    Rim damage 1.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 105
  • Rim damage 2.jpg
    Rim damage 2.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 96

reenmachine

Country flag
Jesus. I'm usually the last guy to call lawsuit, but that sounds grossly negligent on the track's part.

Good luck finding a wheel, and have a speedy recovery!

zippy49

They took a report, and said they "would help me with a tire..." But (a) I signed a release and (b) ultimately its me that holds the handlebars. I'll heal. And I'd rather help them fix the problem, not call a lawyer. A bit of red paint would help....

BTW I had my biggest off in 50 years of riding and racing at this same track in 1999 - collarbone, nine ribs - and this is the first time I've been back there on a bike since. I'm not superstitious, but dayum...

Last edited:

rick

Yeah, sue the track so they close and that will solve the problem.
True dat!
I'm sorry for you and your bike though!!! That's adding to the scary with all the reports of the rims being brittle. I'm glad you're (mostly) okay!

zippy49

Yeah, sue the track so they close and that will solve the problem.

Exactly. This track has been in operation for 40+ years. We don't have enough tracks here as it is. And the D390 is pretty much the perfect bike for it! Too bad for the RC riders, as their insurance stipulates "no fairings..."

My avatar pic is from 1998, at that track. And as for the wheel being brittle, If you had been on the bike when it got bent you would agree that it held up as well as any wheel would. But I would not wish that on anyone...thanks to a bit of Norco, I can walk today. And there is not another scratch on the bike...

Last edited:
Never like to hear about anyone crashing. The KTM Cup racers were offered spare wheel sets for a reasonable amount. So there have to be spare wheels somewhere in the US. Start by talking to any of the KTM Cup racers. parillaguy

nino209

Hi All, I'm looking for a new front wheel for my 390. I've been told that they will not be available until end of October, does anyone have one they can sell me or know of one in stock somewhere? Or I'll replace it once I get the new one next month. Did this at a local Kart track yesterday...I'm having trouble walking today.

The bike was just great up until this happened...a real rocket on the straights. Passed a whole bunch of motard guys. Then I fell into an unmarked and uncovered concrete pit on the track exit. As far as I can tell, nothing else got damaged!

I would just order it if i was you, i order an extra for my bike and it said it would come in 11/6 and it ended up coming in a week after i ordered it.
i work at a ktm dealer and eta is 10/30 but it would probably come in sooner if you place the order, at least that was my experience.