Will it be ok ?

Michelle

Hello everyone

Hope your all well :) ,,, We are now enjoying hot weather in the UK ,, YEEP PEEEEE LOL.......
Guys I took my bike to the ktm dealer Tuesday to have the valves adjusted so I can at last ride my new bike now ,,, I took it over there in a van my boss kindly let me use.
OK I went a bit over kill strapping it down IMG_2135.jpg :cool: ,, I used two Tyre straps £67 pounds each ,, a motorbike chock £45 ,, handle bar straps £14 lol ,, I am not joking ,, I could of rolled that van and the bike would still be strapped in :).

Anyway I got my bike back ,, yesterday when I got home from work I thought I would check the work they did ,, they have adjusted the valves but one intake valve is still tight :mad:.
The others are mid range but the one intake is a 0.08 but its tight to put the feeler through :(.
I do have it booked in for 3 weeks time , I will have to ask them to have a look at that one again , I am letting them do a service on it ,, they did say at the shop but I was a bit nervous about the bill so I said NO , please just do the valves and when I did get the bill I was shocked...

OMG ,, 2.5 hours work £150 and they did some other jobs as well which I did not ask them to do but it needed it and that is all they charged me ,, that is with VAT on as well......
If I knew it was going to be that low I would of said yes do the service ,,, I went there with £500 pound and my bank card lol just in case thinking it was going to be a BIG bill...

Anyway back to my question do you think it would be ok to go out for little rides until it goes back in with that tight valve ? ,,, I will not be taking any long road trips ,, just bobbing around here and there.....
It has upset me a bit but what can you do... Thanks chaps....

Last edited:

isaac_

Haha - overkill on the straps :p Whenever I have to strap mine down, I have the ones going to the bars just as you and the ones to the frame. I don't have the tire staps nor do I have the ones that look like they're going underneath the bodywork up front.

What is the range for clearances on the valves?

My opinion is, you should ride it. Unless someone on here says that they will grenade with even just a little out of tolerance... You're only street riding. It's not like you're beating on the machine.

Michelle

Hi isaac :)

I do like the handle bar straps but I did not do them real tight because I was worried about breaking something in the throttle body , so I just put them down to the hooks in the chock ,, really just to keep the bike upright.
I have never transported a bike before....

The valve clearances on the intake are 0.08 to 0.12 ,, mine really is a tight 0.08 so I would say its just under ...... I only got the bike 3 or 4 weeks ago and as I knew all the valves was tight I stayed off it till it went into the dealership ,, The rest are good , mid range ,, not sure why that one is like that ,, I am a bit gutted really....
I just will not go very far ,, stay close to home and bob back and too to work....
Its due back in on the 14th of June... I will get them to go back in and do that one though.... Pain in the rear really ,,