Anybody got a 2016 yet?

Robbase

Sorry to hear everyone's having such a hard time getting a 2016 :( Is this a geographical problem? Only cuz i live in the Northeast part of the U.S. and had no problem walking out with a 2016. I bought it brand new for $5,999+ tax, title, registration. So $6,500 when it was all said and done...

Robbase

i got a pretty sweet welcome package with mine. Black binder with orange zipper and KTM logo and "READY TO RACE" on the backside of it. It had my manual, all my receipts from purchase, as well as a spare key and key card with the code so i can get more keys made if need be. They also put my tool kit in there for some reason but i put that under my seat. It's my understanding that the dealers should have these at the dealerships for when the bikes are purchased. Hope this helps...

stevieboy

Country flag
i got a pretty sweet welcome package with mine. Black binder with orange zipper and KTM logo and "READY TO RACE" on the backside of it. It had my manual, all my receipts from purchase, as well as a spare key and key card with the code so i can get more keys made if need be. They also put my tool kit in there for some reason but i put that under my seat. It's my understanding that the dealers should have these at the dealerships for when the bikes are purchased. Hope this helps...

But was the orange pen in there as well?

stevieboy

Country flag
I remember being handed the owners packet and thinking "this is some high quality shit right here!" You would think a sixty-two year old guy who has ridden more than thirty different bikes over the last forty years would be harder to buffalo.

Last edited:

OldVet

Actually KTM has went cheap on this things too. The first one I got in 07 had handles on it so you could carry it like a briefcase...

Robbase

But was the orange pen in there as well?

I did have the orange pen! Can't believe i forgot :) and I haven't put many miles on it yet. This is my first bike, I had it brought to my buddies motorcycle shop for a fender eliminator and made sure everything was in good working order. It came with a 2 year/24,000 mile warranty which was nice to see. Other than that i am super excited to have it as it looks sweet!

I definitely wanted a bike i could grow into. I felt a Ninja 300 would run its course pretty quickly and I'm hesitant on any 600 for a first bike. The 375cc Single seemed to be a great fit, just picked up the bike last Wednesday...

sfr

My local dealer got two RC's last year and cannot get enough to keep up with demand. A dealer two hours away got like a dozen and was blowing them out for $4700.00. I think the bikes are hard to come by and the dealer allocations are based on overall sales-the guy who sells a bunch of dirt bikes gets more RS's even if he doesn't need them. It seems silly but? Are you planning on following KTM's break in schedule while you are doing the track riding?

i assume is before taxes... is 4700 the best price possible ?

stevieboy

Country flag
i assume is before taxes... is 4700 the best price possible ?

That was before taxes, dealer prep, doc fee, etc. Figure OTD closer to $5900.00 That was last year. Now I don't think anybody is selling them very well.

Last edited:

rick

I wonder what changes were made that enabled them to double the warranty but not make it retroactive?
No change in their warranty for 2016 according to KTM's website for the United States - still 12 months/12,000 miles. Some of their other bikes go to 24 months though.

If they did increase the warranty period, I wonder if it wasn't that they fixed or improved anything as much as they want to counter the perception that the bike has been having more than typical amount of issues.

stevieboy

Country flag
No change in their warranty for 2016 according to KTM's website for the United States - still 12 months/12,000 miles. Some of their other bikes go to 24 months though.

If they did increase the warranty period, I wonder if it wasn't that they fixed or improved anything as much as they want to counter the perception that the bike has been having more than typical amount of issues.

I called KTM customer service to find out about valve check at first service (dealer says no KTM says yes) and the warranty. Person on the phone wasn't sure whether the warranty was longer for the 2016s or 2017s. Who the hell is running this outfit?

EnergyHOU

My dealer had them on the phone earlier this week, there is absolutely no 24 month warranty offer on the 390 series. Not even sure how this conversation was brought up but hopefully that clears something up. This is out of Texas btw.

Rcdan

I have posted this in another thread but my warranty absolutely IS 24 months or 24,000 miles. The bike was purchased new in May and I posted pictures of the warranty. Purchased in the U.S. on the east coast.

I have posted this in another thread but my warranty absolutely IS 24 months or 24,000 miles. The bike was purchased new in May and I posted pictures of the warranty. Purchased in the U.S. on the east coast.

That's crazy that in the States you do not get a 24 month warranty - here in Australia we get the 24 months - and it has been honoured a few times over the last 18 months of my ownership -