HardRacing

Supporting Vendor
Country flag
Bike still cuts out at idle. Efffff.

Well. At least now I know it's not this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Check your other wires as well.
If one was not connected correctly there could be others.

Also did you properly set the 0% & 100% TPS on the PCV software as per the Video ?

isaac_

Ok, I found instructions online but it requires a running bike and getting the throttle to 100%. It's getting late here and neighbors would hate me.

HardRacing

Supporting Vendor
Country flag
Ok, I found instructions online but it requires a running bike and getting the throttle to 100%. It's getting late here and neighbors would hate me.

Pretty sure can do without the bike running. Just with the key on.

D

Deleted member 452

Dynojet recommends setting TPS while running at full operating temperature.Enable the Rev Extend feature and request a 6K RPM key from Dynojet. This allows you to safely reset your 100% TPS values without a dyno.

PS. Don't forget to turn off Rev Extend when done or you won't be going very fast ; )

streetfighter

Dynojet recommends setting TPS while running at full operating temperature.Enable the Rev Extend feature and request a 6K RPM key from Dynojet. This allows you to safely reset your 100% TPS values without a dyno.

PS. Don't forget to turn off Rev Extend when done or you won't be going very fast ; )

Sorry for being ignorant. Two questions
1: What is a 6k RPM key?
2: Also isn't the purpose of the Rev Extend is to raise the rev limit of the engine? Wouldn't it be better to leave it on?

D

Deleted member 452

Sorry for being ignorant. Two questions
1: What is a 6k RPM key?
2: Also isn't the purpose of the Rev Extend is to raise the rev limit of the engine? Wouldn't it be better to leave it on?

You need to request a key (code #) for what ever RPM you want the PCV to cut power using the Rev Xtend feature. Then you can turn on Rev Xtend and plug in the key to set the limit.
I suggested using a 6K RPM key only while setting the TPS at WOT to prevent engine damage when performing this procedure off dyno. You would turn off Rev Xtend when done.

streetfighter

I see, thanks for the explanation. I also would like to extend the rev limit by 500, this means I will need two separate keys from Dynojet

D

Deleted member 452

I see, thanks for the explanation. I also would like to extend the rev limit by 500, this means I will need two separate keys from Dynojet

That would be correct but why do you want to extend the limit on a bike that stops making power before 10K RPMs and has weak valve springs/retainers? There have been reports of valve float and retainers letting go on this forum plus our engines seem to be made of feces forged in urine (My first motor died after only 13K miles).

streetfighter

That would be correct but why do you want to extend the limit on a bike that stops making power before 10K RPMs and has weak valve springs/retainers? There have been reports of valve float and retainers letting go on this forum plus our engines seem to be made of feces forged in urine (My first motor died after only 13K miles).

You are right, there is no need to extend rev limit on a RC

I just requested a 6k rpm key from dynojet, this is what their rep responded:

"You don’t need to hold the throttle wide-open while bouncing the engine off of the rev-limiter to calibrate your throttle signal.

With the engine running and warm, just click the Reset button, then snap the throttle quickly to the wide-open throttle stop and quickly release, before clicking OK. You only have to touch the wide-open throttle stop very briefly. You don’t need to hold it wide-open."

D

Deleted member 452

You are right, there is no need to extend rev limit on a RC

I just requested a 6k rpm key from dynojet, this is what their rep responded:

"You don’t need to hold the throttle wide-open while bouncing the engine off of the rev-limiter to calibrate your throttle signal.

With the engine running and warm, just click the Reset button, then snap the throttle quickly to the wide-open throttle stop and quickly release, before clicking OK. You only have to touch the wide-open throttle stop very briefly. You don’t need to hold it wide-open."

That was probably Chris Kelly at DynoJet. He's a lazy bastard and not very helpful. See if you can talk to someone else at DynoJet if you want the codes.

Last edited by a moderator:

HardRacing

Supporting Vendor
Country flag
That was probably Chris Kelly at DynoJet. He's a lazy bastard and not very helpful. See if you can talk to someone else at DynoJet if you want the codes.

We've had nothing but excellent customer service from Chris Kelly ever since he started working at DJ.

If he gives someone a short cut...... it's to help them out.

" He’s a lazy bastard for telling the guy the proper way to do something??? "

Really?
Why make a customer fill out a form,
Then have to fax it in,
Then wait for DJ to respond
Then enter the code,
Then do what you need,
Then remove the code......... ALL THAT,
when you can simply do what he said and be on his way?
Not sure I understand that logic of that comment.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 452

Chris contradicted himself every time I called for tech support or questions about data logging with their other products. He provided the wrong Rev Xtend keys after having me print/hand write/scan/email their request form as instructed (You would think a software company would use an online form). Then he gave me an attitude when I asked for the correct keys so I called his boss who provided the correct keys within minutes. Later Chris emailed another set of keys because he must have been talked to about my experience with him. He not only sent the wrong keys again but didn't apologize for his mistakes or belittling me in his initial email response.

Rev Xtend is not a shortcut but a feature that comes with the PCV. Their software requires a key to use it so you have to ask for their help and then they get pissy about it?!?

streetfighter

I faxed Chris a new form requesting a "6k limit" key yesterday, hopefully I will be able to get it today. :)

It would be nice if the key can he generated automatically online instantly

streetfighter

Yes. Got my 6k key from DJ. The calibration was done easily with potential engine damage.

And a big thanks again to bahawton who saved my day for sending me a map to use this weekend

isaac_

You're not going to damage your engine from revving it to the stop once or twice.

oneupmotogarage

Just got another larger order.

BACK IN STOCK.

I got my wb2 from you guys (HR), but I already had a PCV that is not set up for anything in particular. I have them both hooked up as per your instructions and everything is working okay, the bike does stall sometimes after I blip the throttle and when I blip it does one loud pop at the peak of the rev, no matter how high or low the rev is. I haven't ridden it yet in case I need to change the settings in the PCV to better accommodate the RC. I've read through this thread and see something about changing the AFR settings on 80-100 to somewhere around 13.2? I don't have any program yet, so do I need to download a program through Dyno Jet and plug my PCV into my laptop and I'll find some settings I need to change? Or do I need to get a map and install it on the PCV? Also, I deleted the evap canister on the side so the bike throws a code now. I read there is a (Akra?) map that solves that? Or what's the best way?

Thanks for any help!

HardRacing

Supporting Vendor
Country flag
I got my wb2 from you guys (HR), but I already had a PCV that is not set up for anything in particular. I have them both hooked up as per your instructions and everything is working okay, the bike does stall sometimes after I blip the throttle and when I blip it does one loud pop at the peak of the rev, no matter how high or low the rev is. I haven't ridden it yet in case I need to change the settings in the PCV to better accommodate the RC. I've read through this thread and see something about changing the AFR settings on 80-100 to somewhere around 13.2? I don't have any program yet, so do I need to download a program through Dyno Jet and plug my PCV into my laptop and I'll find some settings I need to change? Or do I need to get a map and install it on the PCV? Also, I deleted the evap canister on the side so the bike throws a code now. I read there is a (Akra?) map that solves that? Or what's the best way?

Thanks for any help!

Definitely, should Install a specific map to at least get you a Basemap.
You can email our sales dept. and they will reply.

As for the Evap... unfortunately, a map wouldn't turn off a CEL Light.
But, if you at least plug in the sensor, the light will turn off.

oneupmotogarage

Definitely, should Install a specific map to at least get you a Basemap.
You can email our sales dept. and they will reply.

As for the Evap... unfortunately, a map wouldn't turn off a CEL Light.
But, if you at least plug in the sensor, the light will turn off.

Will do, thanks! I read that a 22k ohm resistor bridging the evap wire will do the job. That something you've experienced? Or by plug do you mean I can just short the two wires together?