Gxmazz

finally got everything all buttoned up....bike is running tits. lots a power 1st and 2nd gear clutch up like nothing....the bike is very happy now to say the least. and it runs much cooler! still running 20% adjustment but will lower it once it get more dialed. brapppp :)

PCV with Hard racing map
WBC2
G2 quick turn throttle
k&n air filter
comp werks slip on.

Gxmazz

*SOLVED* could have been two things. After configuring autotune settings I hadn't hit "send map" again. So I did that, but also since the target AFR is set at 0's the autotune doesn't trim anything until 80-100% where I have it set at 13.5. So when I rev it that high the light comes on and it adjusts as it should.

So this brings up a new question for me. Why don't we set the target AFR at 13.5 (or whatever is best for each cell) all the way from 2-100% like I've read on other forums for other bikes (specifically R3 and WR250)? Since I spend very little time riding the bike in the 80-100% throttle setting it seems like a waste of an autotune to only have it tuning that peak range.

mine has 0% column set to 13.5 then nothing till 5K rpm for 2-100% which is 13.5

oneupmotogarage

Interesting, I'll give that a shot. Right now when mine is cold and you blip throttle it will go back down and die sometimes. I also still get a pop on deceleration pretty often.

Gxmazz

my bike is running really good. i too have experienced it die once when a little cold when i blipped it. i will try it will no target afr from 0-80 and see if the results are better. with only 80-100 filled in.

Gxmazz

So I got the map loaded and configured the autotune ON, set the target AFR to 13.5 for 80-100%.

Everything seems good, my green light on the autotune hardware stays on, computer reads AFR when bike is running BUT the green light on the program by "Autotune Running" never kicks on and my trims never move from 0. I have it set to the default 60 seconds before autotune turns on but it doesn't. Any ideas?

are you able to give it full throttle? if not theres nothing it will trim if you aren't reaching that throttle position

HardRacing

Supporting Vendor
Country flag
are you able to give it full throttle? if not theres nothing it will trim if you aren't reaching that throttle position

Correct.

The Autotune only works in cells you have actually reached.

Meaning, if you have never had it WOT, then it will never be able to analyze the A/F Reading at 100% and adjust accordingly.

Best thing to do is find a long open road out of town, start around 20 mph, put the bike in 4 or 5th gear and hold the Throttle WOT while you slightly put your foot on the rear brake to create some Drag.
This helps the Autotune read each sector, and adjust accordingly.

Do this a few times.

Then do the same thing, except hold the throttle at 80%.

You should start to see TRIMS created.

Gxmazz

Correct.

The Autotune only works in cells you have actually reached.

Meaning, if you have never had it WOT, then it will never be able to analyze the A/F Reading at 100% and adjust accordingly.

Best thing to do is find a long open road out of town, start around 20 mph, put the bike in 4 or 5th gear and hold the Throttle WOT while you slightly put your foot on the rear brake to create some Drag.
This helps the Autotune read each sector, and adjust accordingly.

Do this a few times.

Then do the same thing, except hold the throttle at 80%.

You should start to see TRIMS created.

have you played with the 0% column to minimize decel pop? dynojet gives some examples to add values in that column such as add 20-40 and sometimes even -100 to turn the injectors off.

i have created a custom map from a combination of HR's map and ben at competition werks map. still tweaking it with auto tune and adding values manually. still getting decel pop tho here and there. i guess you can't get rid of it completely.

ia02

Country flag
Does this work on 2017 models as well? I'm really hoping to improve the surging and twitchy neutral throttle that seems to be caused by the stock map being so lean. How does this affect throttle response? Any improvement there?

Thanks!

HardRacing

Supporting Vendor
Country flag
Does this work on 2017 models as well? I'm really hoping to improve the surging and twitchy neutral throttle that seems to be caused by the stock map being so lean. How does this affect throttle response? Any improvement there?

Thanks!

Yes indeed.

Works very well on the 17-18 as well.

Tom

So do the 2017+ units you have still come programmed by you to control the closed loop?

Tom

Are you able to do mapping for extended RPM like what we are seeing with the raised redline of the Gray Area KTM custom intake?

HardRacing

Supporting Vendor
Country flag
Are you able to do mapping for extended RPM like what we are seeing with the raised redline of the Gray Area KTM custom intake?
.DJ gives you a little bit of room.But, Only the END User can raise the rev limit beyond that.They have to email DJ with the Serial number and sign a waiver........ then DJ will send you an unlock code to raise the rev limit..

Tom

But how do we program the WBC2 for the extended cell ranges without an lcd200? Is that something we can custom request of you before you ship the unit?