Fasteddy

Country flag
Yes, it needs to be 22k ohm / 22,000 ohms, red - red - red bands, the pic is of my 390 which it was tested on and then left in place and has kept the code throwing at bay....

HardRacing

Supporting Vendor
Country flag
Will do, thanks! I read that a 22k ohm resistor bridging the evap wire will do the job. That something you've experienced? Or by plug do you mean I can just short the two wires together?

You removed valve sensor when you removed the EVAP.
If you plug that back in, you turn off your CEL.

It only weights a few ounces, so not a big deal.

oneupmotogarage

You removed valve sensor when you removed the EVAP.
If you plug that back in, you turn off your CEL.

It only weights a few ounces, so not a big deal.

Very good to know, I'll try to find the sensor and plug it back in. Also I e-mailed your sales team and they said they didn't have a map I could use, so I replied stating a rep from the 390 forum directed me to them in regards to a base map and they haven't replied.

They said they don't have a map for my intake/ exhaust set up. But doesn't the WB2 adjust A/F on the fly so it doesn't really matter if the PCV has a perfect map, I assume it just needs something on it as opposed to right now from the factory is it just "blank"?

CDN Duke

Country flag
Very good to know, I'll try to find the sensor and plug it back in. Also I e-mailed your sales team and they said they didn't have a map I could use, so I replied stating a rep from the 390 forum directed me to them in regards to a base map and they haven't replied.

They said they don't have a map for my intake/ exhaust set up. But doesn't the WB2 adjust A/F on the fly so it doesn't really matter if the PCV has a perfect map, I assume it just needs something on it as opposed to right now from the factory is it just "blank"?

There are a few maps posted here: Dynojet Power Commander V map library - KTM Duke 390 Forum and bottom of this page here: Power Commander Motorcycle Fuel Injection Tuning Module

HardRacing

Supporting Vendor
Country flag

Correct.
Once we found out you had a One Off, custom hand made exhaust, we informed you that we didn't have a map for that setup.
And then we sent you a link to DJ website to start with one of their race exhaust maps to begin building your own custom map with the WBC2.

oneupmotogarage

Correct.
Once we found out you had a One Off, custom hand made exhaust, we informed you that we didn't have a map for that setup.
And then we sent you a link to DJ website to start with one of their race exhaust maps to begin building your own custom map with the WBC2.

Do you guys not have any maps you could send that are closer than the DJ maps that are all with stock intake? I know nothing will be perfect for this bike but if you have something that's close to these mods (open lid airbox and open exhaust) I feel like it would be a much closer ball park to start at than the DJ ones. Or does it not make a dime's worth of difference because once any map is installed, the WB2 will compensate and make it all happy?

Once I install a map, do I need to go into the settings and change the target AFR to something specific?

CDN Duke

Country flag
Do you guys not have any maps you could send that are closer than the DJ maps that are all with stock intake? I know nothing will be perfect for this bike but if you have something that's close to these mods (open lid airbox and open exhaust) I feel like it would be a much closer ball park to start at than the DJ ones. Or does it not make a dime's worth of difference because once any map is installed, the WB2 will compensate and make it all happy?

Once I install a map, do I need to go into the settings and change the target AFR to something specific?

Taylor, I linked to the ktmduke390 forum thread where I posted two maps from Ben at Competition Werkes. One of them is with airbox mod. It's not on the dynojet website but he gave it to me and said it could be shared. Probably closest to your setup I would say. Competition Werkes is a dynojet tuning center with their own dyno.

oneupmotogarage

Taylor, I linked to the ktmduke390 forum thread where I posted two maps from Ben at Competition Werkes. One of them is with airbox mod. It's not on the dynojet website but he gave it to me and said it could be shared. Probably closest to your setup I would say. Competition Werkes is a dynojet tuning center with their own dyno.

Thanks! I had only gone to the other link and downloaded the DJ map. Now I have the intake mod map you suggested. My only question now is do I just load that to the PCV and ride? Or do I need to adjust the target AF to anything particular or do any other specific adjustments?

HardRacing

Supporting Vendor
Country flag
Thanks! I had only gone to the other link and downloaded the DJ map. Now I have the intake mod map you suggested. My only question now is do I just load that to the PCV and ride? Or do I need to adjust the target AF to anything particular or do any other specific adjustments?

Hit CTRL-F to access features, and make sure AUTO TUNE is check marked.

Then go to your TARGET A/F Map and ensure it is filled in from 80-100% only.
Should be about 13.5 A/F

Gxmazz

installed the pcv and auto tune. Hard racing videos were a great crash course and i was able to get it all done pretty painlessly. i got the af gauge so ill mount that and put everything back together. it was a fun mod and excited to get it tuned!!!

HardRacing

Supporting Vendor
Country flag
installed the pcv and auto tune. Hard racing videos were a great crash course and i was able to get it all done pretty painlessly. i got the af gauge so ill mount that and put everything back together. it was a fun mod and excited to get it tuned!!!

That's great news. It really is easy if you follow our Video.

oneupmotogarage

So I got the map loaded and configured the autotune ON, set the target AFR to 13.5 for 80-100%.

Everything seems good, my green light on the autotune hardware stays on, computer reads AFR when bike is running BUT the green light on the program by "Autotune Running" never kicks on and my trims never move from 0. I have it set to the default 60 seconds before autotune turns on but it doesn't. Any ideas?

oneupmotogarage

I should add that when the ignition is off the program says "1 device connected" when I turn on the ignition it says "2 devices connected"

So it does read that the autotune is there when the ignition is on. Should it also read it with ignition off? I don't know, if that could be a useful piece of the puzzle.

oneupmotogarage

*SOLVED* could have been two things. After configuring autotune settings I hadn't hit "send map" again. So I did that, but also since the target AFR is set at 0's the autotune doesn't trim anything until 80-100% where I have it set at 13.5. So when I rev it that high the light comes on and it adjusts as it should.

So this brings up a new question for me. Why don't we set the target AFR at 13.5 (or whatever is best for each cell) all the way from 2-100% like I've read on other forums for other bikes (specifically R3 and WR250)? Since I spend very little time riding the bike in the 80-100% throttle setting it seems like a waste of an autotune to only have it tuning that peak range.

oneupmotogarage

May have answered my own question. Does the ECU fight any AFR adjustments made through the PCV below 80%? And the Wide Band 2 I got from you has its own software on it that regulates the AFR to a preset rate independent of the PCV?